3" bar

Home Forums General Discussion 3" bar

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KCSTRONGMAN 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Lance Foster
    Participant

ET also has a 3″ deadlift bar. I know that it had been used in one of the MO Strongest Man contests. If memory serves, the USAWA’s own Greg Cook hit 600 lbs!

Al Myers
    Keymaster

I’m not surprised Greg pulled 600 on the 3″ bar – he’s a pulling machine!

I’ve put the 3″ bar in the Grip Champs a couple of times, but I’ve taken some backlash as many don’t really feel this is a grip lift. And now I gotta say I agree on that, so I doubt if it will see the Grip Champs again.

KCSTRONGMAN
    Participant

Fun fact: I won the 3″ bar for “winning” the Strongarm games that Al put on. I won the 2 Sm events and was 2nd in the HG events. Al won the HG events, and was second on the SM ones. He said I won based on the lower bodyweight, but it felt like he just wanted to give me a gift for my gym.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Al Myers
    Keymaster

Wow ET – I had totally forgot about that!!! What year was that? I’m gonna have to try to look up those results. Al

KCSTRONGMAN
    Participant

Not sure. Maybe ’05? It was followed by the caber championship. Fun, fun day.

Al Myers
    Keymaster

ET,
    Was it the day we did the “ballfield medley”? Now that was a blast – and something I won’t forget! Watching Bob trudge from base to base through the loose dirt and thinking he was never gonna finish, but he kept going till he did!

KCSTRONGMAN
    Participant

It was indeed. I believe Lon and Nathan Burchett went head to head in the LWs. Cannot remember who won that one.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.