Thom Van Vleck
      Participant

Al’s previous life

Thom Van Vleck
        Jackson Weightlifting Club
        Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
        Keymaster

I have known Bobby for MANY years. In the mid 90’s I would compete several times a summer on the west coast and seemed to ALWAYS run across Bobby at games. Most don’t know this about him, but I bet that he has the RECORD for attending the MOST Highland Games thru his career. I have done over 200 games myself, but I bet Bobby has done over a 1000. He is too modest to brag about this accomplishment himself, but I wish someone would look into it to prove it is so. One year at the KC Highland Games (which I tried to always go to since it was my closest games) I ran into Bobby there. I was amazed to see him come so far for such a small games (which it was at the time). When I asked him why he would come to the KC games, he said it was a goal of his to compete in a Highland Game in all 50 states!!! And I am sure he has accomplished this by now!!! I have great respect for Bobby and everything he has done to promote the Highland Games, and it is a great honor to me that I made his scrapebook.

Another thing Thom – thanks for saying those nice things about me. What did you want me to build you next?? Al

Participant

hahahahahahahahah……….man, thom, he has your NUMBER!!! hahahahahaha

Thom Van Vleck
            Participant

Geez….you try and be nice to a guy and this is what you get!!!! haha

Al, I want nothing from you but your friendship…..and a 42lb nickel plated Weight for distance…HAHAHA just kidding….I really don’t need it nickel plated….haha.

You do know…..Bobby asked me to send him something from me for his scrapbook!!!! I guess I’ve made it to the big time!!!!

Thom Van Vleck
              Jackson Weightlifting Club
              Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
              Keymaster

I always thought that was what your nickname Big T implied – BIG TIME!! Al

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.