Andy Goddard IAWA Postal

Home Forums General Discussion Andy Goddard IAWA Postal

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Al Myers 2 months ago.

• Author

Denny Habecker
    Participant

Good job on the postal Al! I know that must have been a lot of work.

Al Myers
    Keymaster

Thanks Denny! Actually it was alot more work than I thought it would be. One day I set aside 4 hours to compile all of it (which I thought would be MORE than enough), but after 4 hours I wasn’t even half done! I especially want to thank everyone who filled out the submission forms correctly and followed the protocols in the guideline sheet. Many didn’t fill out the forms but just emailed or messaged me confusing results which took more time to figure out. But I’m not complaining – as I’m very excited about the large participation the World Postal got. Al

KCSTRONGMAN
    Participant

Yes, thank you for doing this, Al. I had a lot of fun participating in this meet.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Al Myers
    Keymaster

When I get ambitious I’m gonna do a full historical review of the World Postal Championships. It has become one of the signature events in IAWA. Pretty much since I have been involved there has been a World Postal. It was started years ago by Frank Lamp and the Australians, then Steve Gardner took it over till now. Now in the early days it wasn’t “official” per say. Only a few years ago did we actually vote at the AGM of IAWA to host an annual World Postal Championships, but regardless, I do consider those early World Postals as the IAWA World Postal Championships of the time. I do think this is a very important IAWA event as for many this is the only IAWA event they can participate in every year due to the difficulty of travel.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.