Angell lifts Dinnie Stones 20 times!

Home Forums General Discussion Angell lifts Dinnie Stones 20 times!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Myers
      Keymaster

Angell lifts Dinnie Stones 20 times!

Thom Van Vleck
        Participant

Having lifted those stones “assisted” and knowing the grip that would be needed…..I’m IMPRESSED! Great job

Thom Van Vleck
          Jackson Weightlifting Club
          Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Dave Glasgow
          Participant

! ! !

Chad Ullom
            Participant

That is an amazing feat! Al, has he posted any videos?

Al Myers
              Keymaster

Steve has put some videos on his facebook page of him lifting the stones. I am going to do a story on his accomplishments with the Dinnie Stones next week. Al

Steve Angell
                Participant

Just wanted to thank Al for the Humbling write up on my Dinnie lifts. I’m also very glad to now be part of a real drug free forum. Keep up the great work guy’s, and i hope to finally meet you all in person one day.

Strength & honour

Steve.

Ps, i finally managed to get my video clip of reps 5, 6 & 7 on youtube. Here is the link.

Al Myers
                  Keymaster

Welcome to the forum Steve!! Also, thanks for the video link.

I want to second what Steve said about this being a drug free forum, and the USAWA being a drug free organization. We back up what we say about being drug free – and do the appropriate testing to ensure it remains that way. I have been tested 5 times in the last 3 years. Before I was an All-Rounder and was competing in powerlifting competitions, I only went to so-called drug free competitions, yet never got tested. They would say and promote being drug free but never tested anyone!! What kind of drug program is that??? Everyone knew it was that way and there were always obvious violators competing. Al

Dave Glasgow
                    Participant

CONGRATS TO STEVE FOR A SUPERB PERFORMANCE!! I ALSO NOTICED ANOTHER “YOUNG” MAN IN THE PICTURE OF THE THREE OF GENTLEMEN I RECOGNISE. STAN PIKE,(ON THE LEFT IN THE PICTURE) HIGHLAND GAMER, KETTLEBELL GURU, STRONGMAN AND AN HONEST TO GOD BLACKSMITH IN SCOTLAND. HE WOULD DO VERY WELL IN THE ALL ROUNDS AS WELL.

STEVE, THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE STAN, TELL HIM I SAID “HOWDY”!

SLAINTE!

DAVE GLASGOW

Ben Edwards
                      Participant

Congrats and a big welcome Steve! Your performance on the Dinnie Stones will be talked about for generations. Simply incredible pulling. Did you use a hook grip? I always wonder if it’s “easier” or just less painful to use a standard grip on those or if a hook is pretty much the only way to go.

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.