Home Forums General Discussion Best piece of equipment

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Myers
      Keymaster

Best piece of equipment

Thom Van Vleck
        Participant

If I were being sent to an island for a year and they said to write a list of the training stuff I needed from start to finish in the order I wanted it and I might not get the entire list….mine would go like this:
          1. Olympic set
          2. Power Rack
          3. drop tables (two tables that I could drop overhead lifts on without dropping them all the way to the floor….YES, they are #3. Al made me a set and they added years to my career and pounds to my lifts.
          4.. Dumbbells, screw caps with weights.
          5. Flat bench, not a bench press bench, just a flat bench.
          6. Reverse hyper
          7. Adjustable squat stands
          8. set of boxes (I have three that I can adjust from 12″ to 24″ in 2″ increments.
          9. CD Player and favorite CD’s. Tunes are that important when I’m training.
          10. Bands & chains

Thom Van Vleck
          Jackson Weightlifting Club
          Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
          Keymaster

Thom, I’m surprised you don’t a mirror on that list of yours!!! Al

Travis Willingham
            Participant

I’d have to say rack as well since I squat a bit. I do everything in my rack.

If I could choose something else, it’d be a stone.

Thom Van Vleck
              Participant

I don’t have a mirror….they are gay…..and you can stick to your story about your mirror only being there to check squat depth….depth is not a problem if your ass cheeks hit your ankles! So that mirror must be there for “something”. HAHAHA

Thom Van Vleck

Al Myers
                Keymaster

There is only one mirror in the Dino Gym – and it’s in the bathroom!! I absolutely hate mirrors around when I’m lifting. I find them distracting. Back in the old days when I was training at the rec complex in college the gym had a mirror right in front of the squat cage. I would bring a sheet in my gym bag just for the purpose of covering it when I was squatting! I don’t need the visual reminder of how ugly I look when grinding out a heavy set of squats!! I’ve always been the dinoman. Al

Participant

MUSIC!!!

KCSTRONGMAN
                    Keymaster

Power rack
                      ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Steve Angell
                      Participant

I’m with Travis, Stones all the way.

And the 25 and 32kg Kettlebells hand made for me by British Master Blacksmith Stan Pike.I use them for all kinds of throwing as well as general KB conditioning training.

Travis Willingham
                        Participant

I never messed with stones till recently, but you can squat, row, deadlift… They work the core, back, arms, legs, grip, hips…

But I do love my rack

Scott Tully
                          Participant

I would say powerack also, I like how Thom has 10 things listed, even though the question was what ONE? even this topic couldnt keep the guys post quick and simple, lol. Oh crap I just posted a very Thom like response, haha.

ST

Participant

SCOTT, FOR GOD’S SAKE, DON’T ASK THOM WHO WON THE ‘WOB’ AT THE WORLDS!!

i would love to have some stan pike kettlebells, steve. i’m very envious! wait a minute! i thought stan was a scott…no wait, he told me he’s from irish stock!! i’m sooo confused!!

Chad Ullom
                              Participant

Come on guys, total home gym all the way….Look at the name “Total” all you’d ever need 😉

hahaha

Thom Van Vleck
                                Participant

You guys can lift more than me, throw farther than me, run faster than me…..but NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY out bullsh!ts me! Don’t make me whip out of my famous “contracts”.

….and Dave, I’m glad you brought up the WOB at World’s….did I tell you guys I won! The WOB is and awesome event…It really measures….

Thom Van Vleck

Al Myers
                                  Keymaster

All Chad needs is a DVD that contains some P90X workouts!! haha Al

Chad Ullom
                                    Participant

Yes! a Dvd player and dumbells, that’s all you need! haha

Al Myers
                                      Keymaster

Along with your spandex and body oils!! haha Al

Thom Van Vleck
                                        Participant

Boy, this thread took a wrong turn as some point…but what the heck, let’s dogpile on CHAD, he’s an easy target!!!!

All Chad needs is a couple of giant bands and Al to hogtie him!

Thom Van Vleck

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.