Century Club

Home Forums General Discussion Century Club

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Rocky Morrison
      Participant

This is in reference to Al’s Post: http://usawa.com/more-on-the-century-club/

“I really feel there should be a honorary designation for these past great lifters. I can think of several here – John Vernacchio, Rex Monahan, and Joe McCoy. This is something Dean Ross proposed to me and I agree with him on it. I would like a little support from the organization on this idea. If I get 5 lifters telling me it’s a good idea I’ll make it happen!”

My opinion is that we should have an honorary designation… I also think that once someone make the century club, they are always part of the century club… It is a great achievement and even though others after you may break some of your records, you still had those records and to hold 100 at the same time is a very impressive feat.

KCSTRONGMAN
        Keymaster

I agree.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

RJ
          Participant

Sorry for the interrupting your post but… Congrats to Susan! You setting records not only shows other woman that this is a great sport but it also sets the standard for future women to be able to challenge themselves. Thanks, I think you are wonderful!

dwagman
            Participant

Al, perhaps I missed this, but if not, could you clarify something for me?

I noticed that RJ has obtained two records for one lift in some instances, such as when she entered an age category and that age category’s record exceeds the “All” category’s lift, too.

So, is the Century Club a recognition of in how many different lifts a person holds a record, or simply how many records a person might hold, which could be in multiple age groups, plus different divisions, etc.?

Dan

For Body Intellect Brochure click here: https://www.icloud.com/keynote/0fcsokZWooW_1B1uZmL1AI5fA#BI-DW

Those who are enamored of practice without science
              are like a pilot who goes onto a ship without rudder or
              compass and never has any certainty to where he is going.

Leonardo Da Vinci; 1452-1519

RJ
              Participant

Before I vote, I need to know how this is different then the hall of fame? Isn’t these men being designated in the hall of fame already to mark their fame and achievements in their field?

KCSTRONGMAN
                Keymaster

Dan, I am pretty sure it is for total records.
                  ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Al Myers
                  Keymaster

Dan,
                    The count I do for the Century Club is for total records in the record list – so it may include the same lift twice if it is an age group record and an overall record. I do it this way because it is an easy sort and count. Al

Al Myers
                    Keymaster

RJ, The Hall of Fame and the Century Club are two different things. The Hall of Fame members are inducted based on merit (earn points throughout their career exceeding 1000) or honor ( voted in because of their contributions to the sport). The Hall of Fame is USAWA endorsed and funding comes from the organization. The Century Club is just something I came up with for the website to give recognition to lifters who hold over 100 records. Al

RJ
                      Participant

Thank you Al.

Since USAWA is about doing different lifts and not just being good at what you are good at, I support this for the great past lifters.

dwagman
                        Participant

Al, I think what you’ve done here is really cool. But I’d also like to know who the most accomplished lifters are based on their diversity of strength. I feel that THAT is what all-round is really about–a broad range of strength in many different lifts.

To that end, and since I know how much you’ve already got on your table, I’d like to explore that and would welcome you sending me the latest version of the records in .xls so that I can come up with, perhaps, the top 5 most accomplished lifters in USAWA. I could then share my findings on the Blog.

Dan

For Body Intellect Brochure click here: https://www.icloud.com/keynote/0fcsokZWooW_1B1uZmL1AI5fA#BI-DW

Al Myers
                          Keymaster

Dan, I would like to see that as well. I will send you the latest Record List in excel, and the timing is right as it’s up to date at the time! Al

dwagman
                            Participant

Very cool. Looking forward to it.

Dan

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.