Championships

Home Forums General Discussion Championships

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      KCSTRONGMAN
      Keymaster

Good article on championships Al. I have enjoyed all of them recently. I know I need to get on track as far as being more active in getting you some articles for the daily news. I have a couple in mind.

In reference to this article, it appears that outside of the national championship, all other championships contested in the USAWA are of equal value. And, since I am in the business lately of piping off with big opinions, I wanted to make the following observation. A while back I was thumbing through the site, and I came upon the Hall of Fame nomination page. Since I was curious as to the qualifications, I looked into it. I noticed that you could score points for competing in or hosting Gold Cup, Heavy lift, or team championships, but not the other championships. I assume that this is just an oversite, as this qualification system was in place (I believe) prior to many of the other championships being around. Anyhow, that being said, it might be something for us to look at. Let me know what you all think.
        ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Chad Ullom
        Participant

That is great point, Eric. I’m sure Al will address this, but I wonder if this would require a change in the bylaws or some type of membership vote?

Al Myers
          Keymaster

ET, I’m impressed that you noticed that!!

And the reason for it is that the HOF nomination form has not been updated since 2009, before several of the Championship Events started, thus why they are not listed.

You are right, all Championships (outside of Nationals) are of equal value and thus should recieve the same number of points.

I will update the HOF Form as Awards Director, and then all that’s required is a passing vote by the EB to make it official.

If anyone notices anything else missing please let me know because this would be the time to get it updated!!!

KCSTRONGMAN
            Keymaster

That is what I figured. Thanks for all the work you do, Al.
              ET

Al Myers
              Keymaster

The EB is reviewing the new proposed form today that includes all championship events getting points. Another proposal to the HOF has been brought up, giving points to all certified officials for number of years active. Again, the HOF form was developed before the Official’s program got underway. I absolutely think being a certified official in the USAWA should be worth points on the HoF application. Input back from the EB seems positive on this, so hoping by the end of the week we have the HOF updated.

KCSTRONGMAN
                Keymaster

I think that is a capital idea!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.