Entry Form for Art's Birthday Bash

Home Forums General Discussion Entry Form for Art's Birthday Bash

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Freides 2 months ago.

• Author

Steve Freides
    Participant

I was at Art’s Birthday Bash in 2014 and am hoping to make it again this year.

I need some way to contact Art (is that on the entry form?), need to know if I should get a USAWA membership in advance of the meet, etc. (I hold a handful of USAWA and IAWA records from a few meets I attended in 2013 and 2014.)

Any guidance appreciated – I tried the Al Meyers email I found on the site here but it bounced.

Thanks very much.

-S-

Al Myers
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,
    Glad to see you are interested in making another USAWA meet!
    Art was gonna get me an entry form for the website but that hasn’t happened. It’s best just to call him at 724-375-2052.
    As for my email bouncing, that’s a mystery! I seem to get 20 “junk” emails everyday so I can’t imagine the spam filter is causing it. Did you use the email amyers@usawa.com ?
    Also – best to join the USAWA before the day of the meet so your results won’t get held up posting to the website because of the mail. I don’t post results until membership is active and sometimes the snail mail takes a week to get to me!
    Al

Steve Freides
    Participant

I used whatever happens when you click on your name in various places around here, Al.

Slight change of subject – don’t I remember hearing that you were going to have some AWA gear available? I’d still like a better hip belt. I’m using one I had made locally and it’s OK but at bit odd. I used someone else’s the last time I was at Art’s.

I’ll track down the membership form on the web site here and send it in.

I think Art was 88 when I was there in 2014. That would mean he’ll be 91 this time – way to keep going, Art!

Thanks very much.

-S-

Steve Freides
    Participant

And yes, that’s the email for you – here’s what I got back:

Address not found
    Your message wasn’t delivered to ameyers@usawa.com because the address couldn’t be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.

Al Myers
    Keymaster

Steve, You got an extra “e” in there! Try amyers@usawa.com and see if that works.
    Art is amazing! He’s still going as strong as ever! Al

Denny Habecker
    Participant

Art is going to be 90 this October. You don’t have to contact him before hand to lift in his Birthday Bash. Just show up that day. He will not answer the phone if he doesn’t know the name on his caller ID. So make sure your name will be on the caller ID if you call him.

Steve Freides
    Participant

Well, it turns out this is another year I’m not going to make it to Art’s birthday bash. I’m sorry to be missing it, but I’m planning on the 2018 edition _now_ so that I don’t have any schedule conflicts, and I’m already looking forward to doing a PL meet in June (hoping to break the American Raw DL record in the USAPL for me age/weight class) and then dedicating next summer to another Inman Mile attempt, more hip lifts, and all the other fun stuff the AWA does.

If Art remembers me, I hope anyone going will please convey my regards and my birthday good wishes to him.

BTW, it’s _way_ easier to make time for this when it’s on Columbus Day weekend, which is was the first time I went. Any chance of it being held on Columbus Day weekend again in 2018?

BTW #2, I’m still in the market for a tradition hip lift belt. If anyone’s got any leads for me on that, please either reply here or email me.

-S-

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.