forum purge

Home Forums General Discussion forum purge

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Myers
      Keymaster

I just got done purging over 2000 spammers from the forum database. I’ve decided to lock it down for a while to see if that helps prevent the spammers from trying to enroll. If anyone has problems getting on the forum just send me an email and I’ll get it fixed for you. Also – if anyone wants to join in our little discussion forum just send me an email and I’ll get you the login information. Al

KCSTRONGMAN
        Keymaster

So many spammers and so few posts. Interesting…

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Al Myers
          Keymaster

I agree ET. I never approve the spammers.

I feel the involvement in most discussion forums is much less now than it was a few years ago. Now people much prefer social media like facebook to make their comments.

KCSTRONGMAN
            Keymaster

I believe you are correct. And it is a trend that I find disheartening. I found the forums to be communities (that is if they were moderated appropriately), which served the greater good; whereas, facebook and the likes are all about self promotion. Most of what I see there is people saying “Look at me!” Maybe I am missing something, but I do not see the good dialogue there that the forums once held.

Participant

that is if they were moderated appropriately………… ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! ET, THAT IS THE DIRECTION NASGA HAS GONE. IT USED TO BE A COMFORTABLE, FUN PLACE TO BE. THOSE DAYS ARE LONG GONE.

dwagman
                Participant

ET, some decades back a reporter asked Arnold why he didn’t wear super tight shirts and pants around town like all the other bodybuilders. He responded by telling the reporter something like this…

If I drive a Ferrari, I don’t have to drive around town speeding like an idiot like the guy in a BMW…I know I have the fastest car. I’m the best bodybuilder in the world and so I don’t have to wear tight clothes everywhere I go.

Words to live by. Facebook and the like is just for wannabees….

Dan

For Body Intellect Brochure click here: https://www.icloud.com/keynote/0fcsokZWooW_1B1uZmL1AI5fA#BI-DW

Those who are enamored of practice without science
                  are like a pilot who goes onto a ship without rudder or
                  compass and never has any certainty to where he is going.

Leonardo Da Vinci; 1452-1519

KCSTRONGMAN
                  Keymaster

Good stuff, Dan

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.