HOF project

Home Forums General Discussion HOF project

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Glasgow 3 months ago.

• Author

Al Myers
    Keymaster

As most of you know, I’ve been busy trying to get this Hall of Fame Project done. I’m trying to get bios up for all USAWA HOF members. Initially I thought this would be a month long project, but I see now that is not gonna happen! Its taking more time than I thought it would as I want each members bio to be perfect.

BTW – I got to say Chad’s Bio sure turned out well. I hope everyone enjoyed it today in the Daily News.

Chad Ullom
    Participant

Wow, thanks for the “fluff” Al! 😁

Denny Habecker
    Participant

Good job Al! I didn’t realize how awesome Chad really is.

Al Myers
    Keymaster

I have always sent out question sheet to get started on these bios. Of course, I prefer it if someone just writes their own bio, but I understand some are not comfortable with doing that. Its a list of 14 questions, all of which I hope the person would greatly expand on to make my job easier writing the bio. The longest answer Chad gave me was two short sentences. Most of his responses consisted of just a few words. 3 questions he didn’t even answer!!!!

It’s a good thing I know Chad pretty well, and truthfully, probably remember his USAWA achievements better than he does!

Chad Ullom
    Participant

Lol, I’m quite sure you know it better then me haha!

KCSTRONGMAN
    Participant

Excellent Bio. A true all-rounder. Its been an honor to share the platform with you on so many occasions (dating back to my 2nd SM and 1st HG meets ever back in 2001).
    ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Thom Van Vleck
    Participant

Al, I’m so proud of you. You have learned from the master fluffer. That’s a great article!

Thom Van Vleck
    Jackson Weightlifting Club
    All-Round nice guy

Al Myers
    Keymaster

haha Thanks Thom. After I got Chads Bio all done and posted I realized that there was one question on another page that I forgot to look at and didn’t include it by accident. And it was the one he gave the longest answer to!!!! So here it is:

Question: Please list any other thoughts or accomplishments that you have in the USAWA.

Chad: I really want to thank Al for all the work he’s put into the organization. I know he doesn’t have the time, but we wouldn’t be where we are if not for Al. The work he has put into the rule book and record list alone, no one will ever know or appreciate. He is a great mentor and coach. Heck, he knows my lifts better than I do! Our bromance is what keeps me happy.

Chad Ullom
    Participant

Hmmm, the last few words seem to be “more information”. The rest is 100% accurate, I wondered why you left that out lol

Dave Glasgow
    Participant

MY, MY, MY, MY,……………..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.