Husafell Stone

Home Forums General Discussion Husafell Stone

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  John Mahon 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Al Myers
    Keymaster

I really enjoyed that article by Thom and his recent experience with the Husafell Stone in Iceland. I doubt if I will ever get the opportunity to get my hands on the Husafell Stone, a stone with legendary status. Thanks Thom for sharing your story!

And what a great week for the USAWA Daily News! First a story by John McKean and NOW a great story by Thom!!!

Al Myers
    Keymaster

And I forgot to mention in the previous post – LOVE THE PIC with Thom wearing his Dino Gym hoodie.

Thom Van Vleck
    Participant

Al, I wondered if you would notice that hoodie! I’ve about worn that out (mainly a large hole from wearing it while grinding…notice smoke and realized I’d set it on fire!). I wore that almost every day because it never got over 62 degrees and was usually around the mid 50s.

I wish someone would start a IAWA club there and we could go to Iceland for meets!!!!!!

Thom Van Vleck
    Jackson Weightlifting Club
    All-Round nice guy

Al Myers
    Keymaster

Thom, I had a JWC sweatshirt that I got from you at one of your Highland Games many years ago. I loved that sweatshirt and took it to Scotland with me in 2005 when I was still throwing. After a days games I was enjoying a few beers in a pub and took it off and laid it on the chair. Well, someone stole the thing!!!! Everytime since when I’ve gone back to Scotland I keep an eye out for someone wearing a JWC sweatshirt. Cause if I find the person I’m getting it back!!!

KCSTRONGMAN
    Participant

Great articIe Thom. That is one place I would like to visit if I were to ever leave the continental 48.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

John Mahon
    Participant

I enjoyed the article. It is trip and challenge I would love to do one day. There was a group from Australia ( from Queensland )that just completed a stone lifting tour including taking on the Husafell Stone successfully. It also involved the first Australian to overhead press the Inver stone.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.