Husafell Stone

Home Forums General Discussion Husafell Stone

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Myers
      Keymaster

I really enjoyed that article by Thom and his recent experience with the Husafell Stone in Iceland. I doubt if I will ever get the opportunity to get my hands on the Husafell Stone, a stone with legendary status. Thanks Thom for sharing your story!

And what a great week for the USAWA Daily News! First a story by John McKean and NOW a great story by Thom!!!

Al Myers
        Keymaster

And I forgot to mention in the previous post – LOVE THE PIC with Thom wearing his Dino Gym hoodie.

Thom Van Vleck
          Participant

Al, I wondered if you would notice that hoodie! I’ve about worn that out (mainly a large hole from wearing it while grinding…notice smoke and realized I’d set it on fire!). I wore that almost every day because it never got over 62 degrees and was usually around the mid 50s.

I wish someone would start a IAWA club there and we could go to Iceland for meets!!!!!!

Thom Van Vleck
            Jackson Weightlifting Club
            Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
            Keymaster

Thom, I had a JWC sweatshirt that I got from you at one of your Highland Games many years ago. I loved that sweatshirt and took it to Scotland with me in 2005 when I was still throwing. After a days games I was enjoying a few beers in a pub and took it off and laid it on the chair. Well, someone stole the thing!!!! Everytime since when I’ve gone back to Scotland I keep an eye out for someone wearing a JWC sweatshirt. Cause if I find the person I’m getting it back!!!

KCSTRONGMAN
              Keymaster

Great articIe Thom. That is one place I would like to visit if I were to ever leave the continental 48.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

John Mahon
                Participant

I enjoyed the article. It is trip and challenge I would love to do one day. There was a group from Australia ( from Queensland )that just completed a stone lifting tour including taking on the Husafell Stone successfully. It also involved the first Australian to overhead press the Inver stone.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.