Lurich Lift

Home Forums General Discussion Lurich Lift

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  KCSTRONGMAN 2 months ago.

• Author

Ben Edwards
    Participant

I found the create topic button.

I really liked the Lurich Lift. And that is not just because I don’t have hamstrings (so the bar doesn’t freeze like it does with the guys with developed legs) which makes it possible for me not to get waffle stomped (except by Chad) by everyone else like on the other lifts.

I hope it passes as a new official lift. I think it also looks pretty cool to spectators. The hack position always feels awkward to me, so I was surprised to be able to lift anywhere near 405 pounds after the official contest was over. I am pretty sure that if I spend some time dialing in my technique that suits my particular levers that I could pull a lot more on this lift without even getting much stronger.

Ben Edwards
    Participant

I started cracking up this morning when I thought about one of the rules forbidding “sumo style” Lurich Lifts. The group of us at the contest thought that was pretty comical. There might be someone who is able to pull it off (pun intended), but it sure isn’t me.

KCSTRONGMAN
    Participant

Yeah, the rules were just kind of a combination of the rules for hack lift and People Deadlift. Sumo is forbidden in the Peoples, so it was included in the Lurich. Maybe I would have more luck trying sumo. Couldnt go much worse…

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Chad Ullom
    Participant

Not sure why, but the hack has come pretty natural to me. I really think this lift has a lot of potential

Al Myers
    Keymaster

I am glad to see that the Lurich Lift was a great hit at the OTSM. Let’s get the ball rolling on getting it approved!

KCSTRONGMAN
    Participant

In speaking to Lance yesterday, he is planning to submit the lift to the executive board to get it voted on in next years nationals.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.