Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Al Myers
      Keymaster

News from MWC

Thom Van Vleck
        Participant

Thanks Al

Bill won his 5th and this was against two former world champs that had put him in second before plus another guy that had won a slug of national championships that, Bill won’t admit this, was on his “to beat list”. It’s official…Bill has beaten ALL of the best throwers in his age group, including a guy thats a legend….so in my book, Bill is now the best ever amongst over 50 throwers.

Jim was hurt and it showed. But what a gamer to come out and gut it out. He will be back next year and I truly believe he’ll be the first 7 time MW Champ!

Finally, I may be a one trick pony but I won the Weight Over bar event for the 3rd time. But this time, I had the top throw in the entire comp. No ties, no better throws in any age group. That made my trip! Winning the overall is my goal, but the WOB is MY event and I got it. My 4th place finish is my best finish to date, so I continue to head in the right direction for the overall title!!!!!

Thanks for the support. JWC now has 11 World titles and over 10 world records set!

Thom Van Vleck
          Jackson Weightlifting Club
          Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.