Off to Scotland!

Home Forums General Discussion Off to Scotland!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Edwards 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

Al Myers
    Keymaster

I’m heading out tomorrow for the Gold Cup! Looking forward to seeing all the IAWAUK lifters/friends. This will be an emotional weekend with the passing of George Dick. George was supposed to be the meet promoter. My very first IAWA event that I participated in was promoted by George, and I remember it like yesterday. This years Gold Cup will be a tribute to him.

My dad and I are gonna have our “Gold Cup rematch”. A few years ago we both chose the same GC lift in England (the 2″ DB DL) and fought it out for the best lift between the two of us. It went down to the wire but DAD edged me on his last attempt to take the “Myers title”. So the rematch is on and the lift we have chosen is the One Handed Thumbless Grip DL. Any betters?????

Denny Habecker
    Participant

Sorry Al, but I have to give the edge to LaVerne.

KCSTRONGMAN
    Participant

Definitely Laverne

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Al Myers
    Keymaster

haha come on guys! Dad even let me chose the lift and I picked this one cause its one of my best grip lifts!!! He’s even faking a back injury to let me think I might be able to win this one…. and letting me get over confident. Now I know where I learned my devious competition techniques!!!

KCSTRONGMAN
    Participant

YEah, he is sandbagging

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Ben Edwards
    Participant

Have fun guys! Al, I think you will win the OHTGDL showdown. I have great respect for LaVerne too, but I know what you’re capable of on the thumbless lift. If it was the bar we used at Clark’s Gym I’d say even higher. If it is a spinny bar then 231 is my best guess.

231 vs 220

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.