Postal Meet Question

Home Forums General Discussion Postal Meet Question

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      LyndaB
      Participant

Hello all – new girl here. I found the USAWA a couple of months ago, and talked the hubby into joining. We just did the 3rd quarter postal, and it was a lot of fun. Working on different lifts definitely makes training more interesting, which is great. I learned that the Ciavattone grip didn’t lower my deadlift as much as I’d feared. I also learned that none of the bars at our gym have center knurling. None of them. Happily our old one at home does.

Anyway, I had a quick question about the postal meet form…hopefully this is the place to ask. On the lines for USAWA Member and Date – we mailed in the membership form about a week ago – do we just put the day we sent it in, or is there a member number or something we’ll get after it’s processed? I just want to be sure everything is correct before we send our totally non-impressive results in.

Thanks so much!
        LyndaB

KCSTRONGMAN
        Keymaster

Welcome here! Always good to get new blood in the organization. I always just write down that yes, I am a member. Not sure it is right or not, but I have never been reprimanded for it.
          ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Al Myers
          Keymaster

Welcome to the USAWA Lynda! I always love to see new faces in the organization. The Postal Series is a great place to get started with the All Round lifts. We have a very strong postal meet series thanks to Denny Habecker, the Postal Meet Director. As for the answer to your question – it’s a yes or no answer. That does need to be more clear on the form and I will get that changed in the future. You must be an member of the USAWA to officially enter. The date is for the day that you performed your postal lifts. Also – this needs clarified as well. The lines to enter your lifts are for BEST LIFT only. There’s no need to write down all your attempts. I know this has been confusing as some try to write down all 3 of their attempts in that line and it’s not necessary. Thank you for participating in the postal. Al

RJ
            Participant

I have a Postal question too. On the 3rd Quarter Postal meet results, it was not noted at the end of the article that I did a 4th attempt. Just want to confirm that I will get credit for it when the records are updated.

Al Myers
              Keymaster

RJ, I checked the official scoresheet that I recieved from Denny and your 4th attempt is not listed. I will need to check with him so he can check the submitted form in order to get this added. Al

RJ
                Participant

Thank you so much Al. I greatly appreciated it. I worked so hard for it and only got it after 2 attempts and putting all I had into it. I think the lifters at Iron Warrior Gym thought I was nuts because, of course, they don’t know what a Ciav is.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.