Ring Fingers Deadlift

Home Forums General Discussion Ring Fingers Deadlift

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KCSTRONGMAN 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

Ben Edwards
    Participant

So it turns out I’m not suited for Ring Fingers Deadlift. I thought since I was decent at the Middle Fingers Deadlift that it would somehow inoculate me against weakness and injury in the other finger deadlifts. Long story short is that I “tested” my baseline a few days ago and strained my right ring finger. I had it as the pronated finger like I do with the Middle Fingers Deadlift. Something about this lift really lit my tendon up big time. I probably should’ve tested it a few weeks previously but I didn’t. On the plus side, I am glad I didn’t strain it a few days before the contest!

Tendon strains are weird. I can’t close a Trainer gripper without pain on the right hand now. But I did a 2″ vbar workout and barely felt it. That might be because I’m more of a “cupper” than a “squeezer” on thickbar.

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Lance Foster
    Participant

I hope it’s better soon.

KCSTRONGMAN
    Participant

I have never had that happen on finger DLs, but it has always been a concern. I remember Joe Secord having that issue when he was doing All-Round back in the early 2000s. Take care, Ben.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.