Home Forums General Discussion Slow day of News

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Myers
      Keymaster

Slow day of News

Thom Van Vleck
        Participant

I’m sure you’ve got a 2011 Dixie Chopper XCalibur Industrial Mower that can mow 10 acres and hour at 32 mph top speed with computer guided GPS mowing where you can take your nap while you mow…..it even has it’s own plug in for your television…

But me, I got a classic, that looks “almost” as good as that picture.

Thom Van Vleck
          Jackson Weightlifting Club
          Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
          Keymaster

Thom, I didn’t know you’ve seen my new mower? Pretty close on the description – but it takes me an 1 hour and 1/2 instead on an hour to mow my 10 acres. But I am a slow driver.

Where are going to buy steel tires for your tractor when the ones on it now rust out? Looks to me if you buy two horses you will have more horsepower than your tractor. Wasn’t THAT the tractor made by Ford’s grandfather?

Travis Willingham
            Participant

WOW

I thought the picture was cool. I grew up in a farm town and in high school I had a couple buddies who liked to restore antique tractors. During FFA week, we’d have tractor day and everyone would drive their tractors to school. I remember one guy got a workout just cranking his tractor to start it, we of course all made fun of him for being weak (he sure wasn’t) as he had to crank the hell out of that thing before it started.

Thom Van Vleck
              Participant

Obviously Mr. Willingham is much more cultured and educated that Doc Myers on matters such as your finer farm machinery!

Al, my tractor is 63 years old (which Art and Dale would consider a slightly used tractor)and it is till running strong (just fired it up last night and did some hay hauling!) whereas your mower, in 63 years, will likely be recycled into a scooter, a half dozen frying pans, a “Total Gym”, and a playground in California. ….and yes, for your information the 8N was made by Henry Ford and Harry Furgeson who shared cutting edge technology after retooling their plants (for making TANKS for WWII) to design and make one of the most durable pieces of equipment ever seen by mankind. I fully believe that a thousand years from now they’ll dig one of these out of the ground, throw a new 6 volt batter in it, and drive it out on the spot!!! ……and for your information, that baby has 30 horses!

Thom Van Vleck
                Jackson Weightlifting Club
                Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
                Keymaster

Haha You know I’m just teasing you Thom. I’m an old Kansas farm kid myself – and do appreciated and enjoy old machinery. I got great memories racking hay with my Dad’s old WD tractor and cutting wheat with the old Gleanor combine. Al

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.