Thom Van Vleck
      Participant

Straight Weight JWC lifting night

Thom Van Vleck
        Jackson Weightlifting Club
        Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
        Keymaster

The Dino Team is planning for Saturday to get our lifts done for the straight weight challenge. Any other teams entering? Or will this be only a Dino Gym vs. JWC event? Al

Scott Tully
          Participant

2moro the D G throws it down Thom, Sorry for whats about to happen, lol.

ST

Al Myers
            Keymaster

The Dino Team just got finished performing the lifts in the Straight Weight Team Postal Challenge. Myself, Scott Tully and John Conner made up the dino team. Our team’s bodyweight averaged 330 pounds apiece. We brought the muscle to this Challenge! I know the JWC probably averaged over 300 pounds to. This ought to be a “toss up” as to who will win. I’m looking forward to seeing how the results will “play out” next week. Al

Thom Van Vleck
              Participant

JOHN CONNER!!!! You brought in a RINGER!!! I used actual gym members for my contest….HAHAHA. Geez, I actually thought we had a chance…..

Thom Van Vleck

Al Myers
                Keymaster

I’m just playing by the rules laid out by the meet director. And saying John is NOT a Dino Gym member is the farthest thing from the truth. He is at the gym EVERY Saturday training session when he’s not off somewhere competing, and he often even makes our Tuesday night sessions. His USAWA membership application lists the Dino Gym as his club affiliation. Sounds like a club member to me!!!

He may seem like a RINGER – considering the TERMINATOR couldn’t even beat John Conner. You should take this as a compliment to the JWC that I had to resort to bringing “my best team”. I was the obvious “weak link” of the team, and originally I was scheduled to be the alternate with the MASSIVE Mark Mitchell being on it besides myself. If THAT had happened – the dino team would have averaged 370# instead of 330#, and our total would have been even higher. So it COULD have been worse for the poor JWC…. Al

Scott Tully
                  Participant

actual members? haha. John comes up every single week to train at the Dino gym, pretty sure he trains more reguarly at our gym that your other 2 teamates do, lol. Thom Ill buy you a cold beer next time to lessen the sting, I sucked it up pretty bad so if we won it was regardless of me.

ST

Thom Van Vleck
                    Participant

I’ll take that beer!!!

I was just grasping at straws when I hear Big John…..I should have employed on of my ironclad contracts.

As for training, you right about one of my team members. Josh hasn’t worked out in a year and he still managed some freaky lifts…..if I could get that guy to train!!!!

Thom Van Vleck

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.