by Al Myers
The USAWA National Championships is now less than 2 weeks away! I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s great lifting, as well as catch up with news from lifters I haven’t seen since last year’s Nationals. One important aspect of “Nationals Weekend” is the annual National Meeting of the USAWA. This is the one meeting per year where the major decisions are made for the upcoming year.
The meeting will be held on the day of the meet (June 20th) immediately after the meet. We will have the meeting after the Awards Ceremony so those that need to leave for travel may do so. However, I would recommend those USAWA members that CAN BE THERE attend as this meeting needs the input of the membership. The big item on the agenda is the election of officers and Executive Board members. All positions are up for re-election. So if you want to get more involved in the business-side of the USAWA, this may be your opportunity to “throw your hat” into the candidate pool and run for office.
Also – if any director is not able to be present at the 2015 National Meeting please forward your written report to me ahead of the meeting so it can be presented on your behalf.
Business Agenda for the 2015 USAWA National Meeting
1. Meeting called to order by USAWA President Denny Habecker
2. Roll Call by USAWA President Denny Habecker
3. Reading of previous meeting minutes by USAWA Secretary Al Myers
4. Report of financial status by USAWA Treasurer Al Myers
5. Report from Website Director Al Myers
6. Report from Awards Director Al Myers
7. Report from Records Director Al Myers
8. Report from Drug Enforcement Director Chad Ullom
9. Report from Officials Director Joe Garcia
10. Report from Postal Meet Director Denny Habecker
11. Report from IAWA Technical Committee Chairman Dennis Mitchell on upcoming IAWA events and other technical issues that are being discussed by the IAWA Technical Committee
12. Discussion of New Business brought forth by the membership
13. Accept Bids for the 2016 National Championships
14. Election of Officers in this order: President, Secretary/Treasurer, Vice President, At Large Executive Board Member, At Large Executive Board Member
15. Meeting Adjourned