by Al Myers
THE 2015 USAWA PRESIDENTIAL CUP
For the fourth year in a row, the now “Annual” USAWA Presidential Cup is being hosted again by our USAWA President Denny Habecker. This is one of the CHAMPIONSHIP events hosted in the USAWA, and is the Championships of Record Days. It follows along “the lines” of the IAWA Gold Cup – a lifter picks their best lift and contests it for a USAWA record in this prestigious record day. After all lifters have performed their record lifts, Denny will pick the effort that impresses him the most and award that lifter the PRESIDENTIAL CUP. Only one lifter will receive this very important award. If time allows, lifters will have the opportunity to perform other record day lifts. So it is a good idea to come with the BIG LIFT in mind, but also be prepared to do other lifts for record if the time allows.
Now a little “rehash” on the Presidential Cup. These are the guidelines:
The Presidential Cup will follow along some of the same guidelines as the Gold Cup, which is the IAWA meet which recognizes outstanding performances by lifters in the lift/lifts of their choosing. The Gold Cup started in 1991 under the direction of then-IAWA President Howard Prechtel. However there will be some differences in the guidelines of the USAWA Presidential Cup:
- The Presidential Cup is hosted annually by the USAWA President only.
- Must be a USAWA member to participate.
- A lifter may choose any official USAWA lift/lifts (number set by the President) to set a USAWA record/records in.
- The lifter must open at a USAWA Record Poundage on first attempt.
- The top performance record lift of the entire record day, which will be chosen by the President, will be awarded the PRESIDENTIAL CUP.
USAWA Presidential Cup
Saturday, August 22nd, 2015
Meet Director: Denny Habecker
Location: Habecker’s Gym, Lebanon, PA
Lifts: Bring your best lift for record!
Start time: 10 AM, with weigh-ins before this
Entry Form: None, but advance notice is required.
Denny may be reached by email – firstname.lastname@example.org