By Al Myers
Nationals is right around the corner, and with that comes our Annual National Meeting. The USAWA has only one meeting per year which always coincides with our National Championships. It’s at this meeting the big issues of the USAWA are decided upon. The rest of the year the organization is governed by the Executive Board.
The meeting will be held at Frank Ciavattone’s home on Friday night (the day before the meet). Frank’s address is 204 East Street, East Walpole, MA. Frank has graciously offered to feed us as well before the meeting! Supper will be at 6:00 PM with the meeting following that. These are Frank’s words:
“The menu for the meeting will be Lasagna and Cold Cuts etc plus drinks! I figure we can eat at 6 and you can start the meeting at 7pm. This will give everyone to spend time to rest or catch up with old friends! Looking forward to our reunion!!! “
As Secretary, I have prepared the agenda for the 2016 Annual Meeting which is as follows.
Business Agenda for the 2016 USAWA National Meeting
1. Meeting called to order by USAWA President Denny Habecker
2. Roll Call by USAWA President Denny Habecker
3. Reading of previous meeting minutes by USAWA Secretary Al Myers
4. Report of financial status by USAWA Treasurer Al Myers
5. Report from Website Director Al Myers
6. Report from Awards Director Al Myers
7. Report from Records Director Al Myers
8. Report from Drug Enforcement Director Chad Ullom
9. Report from Officials Director Joe Garcia
10. Report from Postal Meet Director Denny Habecker
11. Report from IAWA Technical Committee Chairman Dennis Mitchell on upcoming IAWA events and other technical issues that are being discussed by the IAWA Technical Committee
12. Discussion and Vote on the new lift, Bench Press – 2 Barbells, proposed by Bill Clark.
13. Discussion of New Business brought forth by the membership
14. Accept Bids for the 2017 National Championships
15. Meeting Adjourned
** *If a Director or an Officer is unable to attend this meeting to give their report PLEASE send it to me so I can give it on your behalf!***