Home Forums General Discussion a short history on powerlifting

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jarrod
      Participant

a short history on powerlifting

Joe Garcia
        Participant

Jarrod, one thing you probably don’t know is that our founder, Bill Clark, had a big hand in the creation of Powerlifting as an actual sport and not just odd lifting as an offshoot of weightlifting.

jarrod
          Participant

you’re right, i didn’t know that. i’ve always respected powerlifting, but at the same time i just have no interest in trying it myself.

Thom Van Vleck
            Participant

Seems somebody wrote a great article on Bill and all his contributions to lifting, first womens weightlifting, first masters……who was that…Oh, it was ME! HAHA Bill was getting accolades for his contributions in the 60’s. I might have to do another story on him for the website….or would that be blasphemy for ol’ Clark to end up on the internet. After all,his articles for the Columbia paper are on the internet so maybe it would be OK. Thanks for posting the link, interesting to check out, but most of the guys on here can say, “Hell, I was there”! I still have my AAU card!

Thom Van Vleck
              Jackson Weightlifting Club
              Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

jarrod
              Participant

yeah i had a feeling this wouldn’t be news to most of you…it’s more for those of us under 40…:)

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.