Andy Goddard Postal

KCSTRONGMAN
        Keymaster

Where is the info on it?
          ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Al Myers
          Keymaster

All the information on the World Postal meet is on this website – the meet announcement blog is under the event calendar in the right column.

One big problem is that since this is a IAWA event 3 certified officials are required. Only the USAWA allows the use of one official, IAWA and the IAWA(UK) require three officials in all competitions. When the 1 official system was proposed a few years ago at the IAWA meeting it was voted down. Just wanted to make sure everyone is clear on that before lifts are done and results turned in. Al

61pwcc
            Participant

I’m surprised that postal meets have ANY officials required. I think that having postal meets based on the honor system would be a superb way for folks to get a taste of the All-Round lifts. There wouldn’t be any records,trophies or T-shirts. Just a chance to try the lifts out, send the results in and see how you ‘stack up’. To me, this seems a great introduction to what we do.

Denny Habecker
              Participant

I agree with the 3 officials being a problem. I only have 1 offical here in my immediate area to judge my lifts. I will do them anyhow and submit them and Steve can accept them or not.

Al Myers
                Keymaster

Good points!

First, I want to make sure everyone knows that this IAWA World Postal is conducted different than the meets in the USAWA postal series. The world postal is promoted by IAWA and not the USAWA, thus the reason for the different rules.

USAWA postal meets do not require the use of a certified official to take part, but you must have someone “sign off” as a unofficial judge just to hold you accountable for your lifts. This judge serves only as a witness that you are being truthful in your submissions. This way you can enter and be eligible for postal meet placings (and for the reasons explained by James that this allows an introduction to the all rounds.) However, no USAWA records can be established without a certified official, thus the reason I make sure this information is included in the meet results so Joe G will know what is “record eligible” or not.

A few years ago the USAWA voted to allow the 1-offical system (mainly to allow for postal meets and record days to be conducted in the absence of 3 certified officials). Our big meets will always use the 3-official system. When this (the 1 official system) was proposed the same year at the IAWA meeting it was voted down by the membership. Thus the reason IAWA requires 3 officials for any meet.

I support the use of the 1-official system for the reasons above, however, rules are rules. I will be disappointed if IAWA allows results in the World postal meet in the absence of 3 officials. That would seem hypocritical to me considering the membership voted against that very same thing!! Al

61pwcc
                  Participant

I appreciate the explanation on having a witness. I think a small group of us up here in Maine could do a postal that way. Thanks again!!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.