Participant

Art’s B-Day Bash

Thom Van Vleck
        Jackson Weightlifting Club
        Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
        Keymaster

Thanks Thom.

I think our “6 week notice” is a very minimal requirement. Meets really should be sanctioned at least 3 months in advance. This gives everyone ample notice to be able to make an attempt to make it to the meet if they wish – getting off work, rearranging other personal plans, giving the spouse enough notice (haha), etc.

I also do not like to be under a deadline to getting the announcement on the website within this 6 week time slot up. Several times promoters have pushed this notice down to the last few days getting their sanction requests in, and in turn I felt the urgency to put it up IMMEDIATELY which sometimes interfered with my other commitments. I’m under enough deadlines with my business (and I get paid for those!!), and I don’t need that with my secretarial duties here. At least give me a few days in advance of the 6 weeks notice!!!! Al

Chad Ullom
          Participant

Well said guys. I couldn’t agree more. I’ve found myself double booked, even on HG that are recurring because I didn’t update my calendar. Which, I typically don’t do until I’ve gotten the entry sent in.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.