Beginnings

KCSTRONGMAN
        Keymaster

GReat stuff Dave
          ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Al Myers
          Keymaster

I really enjoy Dave’s stories! This one made me reminisce about my “early days” lifting as well. In Jr. High, my parents bought my brother and me a 110 lb weight set with a bench from Sears. We started training with NO IDEA of what we were doing – but made gains anyhow. The 1″ bar got bent and the light-weight bench is long gone, but I STILL have those plates (and I still use them!!!).

KCSTRONGMAN
            Keymaster

My dad lifted on an old concrete weight set when I took to lifting with him. We would do our bench pressing on the floor. I dreamed about the day I could bench press on a bench. One day I was at teh salebarn with my grandpa, and there was an old bench for auction in the junk sale. Since most everybody was there for livestock and farm related items, I got it for $1.75. I was on cloud 9. Used it for years, but when I graduated to olympic weights, I sold it at a garage sale. I kinda wish I still had it, but I was hoping it would be as big of a thrill for some other young kid with dreams of benching on a real bench and becoming superman.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Chad Ullom
              Participant

That was a great story! Loved it always DAver

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.