Home Forums General Discussion Bent Press

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Myers
      Keymaster

Bent Press

Thom Van Vleck
        Participant

Al, I agree on David, he looked good for much more. I was amazed at his position and it’s when you watch a guy like him you can see how Saxon could have possibly done so much and if you try it yourself you can understand why this is such a great lift for a professional strongman because it was VERY unlikely….IMPOSSIBLE actually…that an amateur would step up and duplicate it.

I was inspired to write that article after finding that photo of Smith. He and a twin brother that could bent press as well. You can also tell that is an OLD photo of smith due to his hair! I never remember the guy with hair and I’ve known him all my life (late 60’s are my earliest memories).

Smith has been very please with the attention he has gotten. He’s pushing 80 and he was inspired by this and Dennis Mitchell at the Nationals and he’s planning a comeback!!!!

Thom Van Vleck
          Jackson Weightlifting Club
          Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

61pwcc
          Participant

Yeah, these rock. Between the rotator cuff and Oblique work they’re hard to beat. Seeing Bob Burtzloff also could one arm Clean and Jerk the world, its NO suprise he could Bent Press this much. Even if I saw him lift, I don’t think I’d believe my eyes!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.