Clark's Gym 1st Postal Meet

Home Forums General Discussion Clark's Gym 1st Postal Meet

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Abe Smith
      Participant

Got my covid shot on Friday and actually weighed in at 177 lbs on Saturday morning. We had a small group that attended and were appropriately distanced. From memory I think I got #300 on thick bar deadlift, #295 bench feet in air, and 100 lb cheat curl. I almost got 315 in the thick bar and 310 on the bench. I mean the deadlift was so close I had it all locked out and it just gave out at the top. So not bad. I blame my misses on the covid shot. Tony Hose matched me for weight on all lifts. Dave DeForest did a great job as well. We had a newcomer, a 20 year old light weight named Nick. First time ever doing a lift and he did 95 lb cheat curl. It took out a 31 year old record so it was really cool to see.

In Bill’s typical fashion, he ran several of us through our paces. Nick completed a bodyweight Mansfield Lift. I gave it a go and also completed a body weight Mansfield lift. Very happy to put my name on that board.

Afterwards I did legs 3 and 4 of the British Strength Athletes Guild (BSAG) Postal. This thing is bonkers. Leg 3 consisted of the reverse barbell blitzkrieg, one arm dumbbell clean and press, squat and jerk behind the neck, deadlift heels together x4, and then the rampage which is how many reps you can do with the lift chosen for the fours. The blitzkrieg was a complex of reverse grip power clean, clean from the hang, push jerk, front squat, jerk, lunge, and another jerk. I got 155 with that, 110 db clean and press, 242 squat and jerk, 335 x4, and then did 195 for 28 reps in 1 minute.

Leg 4 was much more tolerable. It consisted of one arm swing, press behind the neck, zercher, and supine dumbbell pressx4, then dumbbell presses in a minute. I got 110 one arm swings, 185 lbs press behind the neck, 305 in the zercher, I did 100×4 on the dumbbell press, and managed 55s for 37 reps in a minute. I had a real bad charlie horse during my 110 lb swing.

I asked Bill if he thought those were good efforts….his reply is typical Clark, “I do not know. You think you could have done anymore?” I shook my head as a, “No.” Then he finished with, “then I think that is good enough for today” and proceeded to get a good chuckle with himself. We started lifting around 0830…left the gym at noon. In all it was a productive day.

Me included, there are about 5 of us that are vaccinated. Clark hopes to hold a record day in mid May. Cheers to all!

KCSTRONGMAN
        Keymaster

Nice work Abe. Your lifts pretty much put mine to shame.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.