Congrats to James!

Home Forums General Discussion Congrats to James!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Myers
      Keymaster

Congrats to James!

KCSTRONGMAN
        Keymaster

Congrats. Sounds like some great lifting
          ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

61pwcc
          Participant

Thanks to all of you that make up this site AND the USAWA. I am honored here if not elsewhere.

Denny Habecker
            Participant

Congratulation James. You really impressed me at the Heavylifts.

Chad Ullom
              Participant

Great job James!

61pwcc
                Participant

I don’t know Denny, but your 1000lb Hip Lift was MOST impressive!!

Participant

GOOD SHOW!

Timo Lauttamus
                    Participant

Congrats James! Nice hubbing pic as well!!

Tom Ryan
                      Participant

Congratulations, James.

61pwcc
                        Participant

Thanks to all. I wish I could compete once a month! The lifting is fun but does NOT overshadow the storytelling, bs-ing and info sharing. Think about it, thanks to Denny H., I got to see ACTUAL pictures of the 1970 Weightlifting Worlds. I’m not talking pictures from a magazine that ‘covered’ the Worlds. I’m sitting on a couch with a guy whose Barbell Club hosted the Worlds and these are his pictures!!
                          I got tips from Dennis M. on Bent Press technique. He was Bent Pressing BEFORE WWII ENDED!!
                          Powerlifting and Olympic Lifting has changed so much. A powerlifter of today with suits adding 250+lbs to a lift, has no need to consult the past masters. Dropping the Press,allowing the thigh brush and everyone today using a Squat style puts quite a bit of distance between the Olympic lifters of now and then. Both sports have had problems with steroids since the 60’s. Just that alone will separate the training of before and after steroids came to be.
                          I’m honored to be lifter of the month. I’m most honored to be part of an organization that is picking up the dropped ball of getting stronger. We were Crossfit before there WAS a Crossfit. I think of Crossfit as All-Round Lifting Aerobics. The info we have will work with any regular everyday person who wants to get stronger. We’ve got lifts as easy to set up as a Weaver Lift all the way to a Carter Lift or Harness Lift. I think if we can get enough younger grass roots interest going, folks will be beating a path to our door. There really isn’t anything else as legit as what we do.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.