Dino Gym in the News!

Home Forums General Discussion Dino Gym in the News!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Thom Van Vleck
      Participant

Dino Gym in the News!

Thom Van Vleck
        Jackson Weightlifting Club
        Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
        Keymaster

To say I’m “pleasantly surprised” to see the Dino Gym featured in Powerlifting USA is an understatement! This interview was conducted several months ago, and I had almost given up hope that it would ever be published. We didn’t say anything to anyone about it in case it wasn’t! It turned out really nice and exceeded my expectations (you always worry that something will be mis-represented or worded wrong in interviews), and I got to say Rick Brewer did a great job on it. The Gym of the Month is always one of my favorite stories in Powerlifting USA. We always comment about the gym being featured every month during workouts. I got to thank Chuck for getting the “ball rolling” on this, and to Scott for bringing it to fruition. The DINOMAN

Joe Garcia
          Participant

Nice article. OMG, I know a famous guy now. LOL

jarrod
            Participant

great stuff!

Anonymous

Great article! The dino gym is really one of a kind…

Chad Ullom
                Participant

That was an awesome article Al! Congratulations, well deserved! There is something about the Dino gym, I can always lift a LOT more there than anywhere else.

chuck cookson
                  Participant

I was glad to do it,AL……Al and myself have been training together for 17 years now and the only thing that has changed is some of the equipment but the atmosphere will always be the same as will the comradery. Its been a long time coming and now I am just glad it got the notoriety.

Al Myers
                    Keymaster

Chuck, You forgot one of the other things that has changed during our 17 years of training together – YOU CAN NOW DEADLIFT MORE THAN ME!!!! haha Al

chuck cookson
                      Participant

It was always a goal of mine to catch the Dino Gym Deadlift King! Hahahaha Chuck

Thom Van Vleck
                        Participant

But Chuck, you don’t want to “catch” him on his way down (OH, SNAP….hahaha), you want to break his lifetime PR! Keep up the good work, I’ve know Al since 1995 and I know how long you’ve been working at this and its good to see the progress! You know….we are doing the 12″ base Deadlift at Nationals…you can ride out with AL!!!

Thom Van Vleck
                          Jackson Weightlifting Club
                          Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
                          Keymaster

Chuck – I think Big T is “calling you out”!!!!

chuck cookson
                            Participant

LOL….I would love to be there and the plan was to bring my boys and compete. But my youngest has had a bacterial infection in his mouth and has been advised to not do anything or go anywhere because it is contagious. We really hate the fact that we have to miss this meet…..maybe next time…..With Regrets Chuck

61pwcc
                              Participant

Congratulations on being honored! If they ever do a hardcore attic gym series, I’m in!!

Ben Edwards
                                Participant

Very cool and well deserved news! I’ll have to buy that PLUSA. I used to read it often but haven’t been able to find it for almost a year now. Funny thing is that I wrote a quick message and mailed it to PLUSA well over a year ago regarding seeing if I could write something up about the Dino Gym for their hardcore gym series. Never heard anything back. Figured it meant they didn’t care for my writing style.

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.