Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      KCSTRONGMAN
      Keymaster

Gada

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Thom Van Vleck
        Participant

I will have things jar my memory now. I will be watching a video showing some obscure thing and suddenly remember my granddad doing that! I seriously though he was just messing around doing random things! Now I can’t seem to get my kids to listen so maybe that’s how it goes.

Thom Van Vleck
          Jackson Weightlifting Club
          Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

KCSTRONGMAN
          Keymaster

man, these are cool articles. Cant wait to see how to train with them. How is the handle attached to the pipe, and what is the handle made out of?

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Al Myers
            Keymaster

Great series of articles Thom! I’ve really enjoyed them, and even has inspired me to hit a training session today with the ORIGINAL JWC gada that you gave me after you improved your design and built the new model.

Thom Van Vleck
              Participant

Al, that’s a tradition we have! It’s hard to come up with something you don’t have!!!!!!

Thom Van Vleck
                Jackson Weightlifting Club
                Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Steve Angell
                Participant

I don’t stop by much anymore, but just read the articles on the Mace / Gada. Really enjoyed them as nearly all my training is now based on Indian and Iranian Physical Culture and I am using a mace in my training almost daily. Here is a great clip posted my an Australian friend of mine who is on a club swinging world tour at the moment. This clip was filmed just a couple of weeks ago in a traditional Indian Akhara. Paul has just landed in London from a two week stay in Iran learning about traditional Meel swinging and is coming to visit me tomorrow. I am really looking forward to picking his brains on what he has picked up on his travels.

Al Myers
                  Keymaster

Steve, How did your training go with Paul? I seen your pic together on FB. I bet it was a great training experience. Al

Steve Angell
                    Participant

Al, I had a great day training and learning from Paul. I was literally his first stop from Iran & India, so with it all fresh in his mind, I picked up loads of great information. I only started training with the Gada / Mace this summer, but along with Bulgarian bag Hammer thrower type swings have tightened up and transformed my beat up old body. Here is the clip from some of mine and Pauls training. Another interesting point having just read Thoms 3rd gada post about his Grandfather always training one side heavier than the other. Both the Indians and Iranians Jori (Indians) and Mil (Iranians) both make their clubs one heavier than the other to train out weaknesses and imbalances. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QexaF2XhCZ8&list=UU6b1QkFlCWxkNxqs1CLMTKQ

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.