Goerner Club

Home Forums General Discussion Goerner Club

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Ben Edwards
      Participant

Congrats to Chad on joining the Goerner Club!

Al, I pulled 310 in 2011, and then 315 in 2016 at the Grip Champs.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." -Mike Tyson

Al Myers
        Keymaster

Geez Ben, I can’t believe I missed that! It has now been corrected in the blog.

I’m feeling really bad now, especially since that slip up and about forgetting you during the awards presentation after the grip meet!

John Strangeway
          Keymaster

Congrats Chad! Impressive Ben!!

Ben Edwards
            Participant

Geez Ben, I can’t believe I missed that! It has now been corrected in the blog.

I’m feeling really bad now, especially since that slip up and about forgetting you during the awards presentation after the grip meet!

Thanks, Al! It probably sounds petty to point out 5 pounds difference. But that extra 5 pounds hurt even more, lol. Don’t feel bad about the slip up, I had a great time and am frankly impressed it doesn’t happen more often in comps I’ve been to over the years.

If it makes you feel better, remember that I misloaded (Chad caught it right away) on the FIRST EVENT of the contest Saturday – haha! So I have no room to criticize anyone about details.

Ben Edwards
              Participant

Thanks, John! It was nice to meet you and a pleasure to see you do some big lifting! I really wanted to channel some of my mojo on the middle fingers deadlift for the index fingers deadlift…didn’t turn out that way though.

Chad Ullom
                Participant

I had a great time Saturday! Great to lift with everyone again. I am always impressed with Bens grip strength. Scottish Johnny is such a nice and humble guy and is extremely strong!

KCSTRONGMAN
                  Keymaster

Pretty good company, Chad. Congrats!
                    ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

John Strangeway
                    Keymaster

Thanks, John! It was nice to meet you and a pleasure to see you do some big lifting! I really wanted to channel some of my mojo on the middle fingers deadlift for the index fingers deadlift…didn’t turn out that way though.

Nice meeting you too! Impressive lifting. But you tore some skin did you? webbing? *shiver*

John Strangeway
                      Keymaster

I had a great time Saturday! Great to lift with everyone again. I am always impressed with Bens grip strength. Scottish Johnny is such a nice and humble guy and is extremely strong!

Thanks Chad I appreciate that 🙂 always fun lifting with you! Wish I lived closer.

Ben Edwards
                        Participant

Nice meeting you too! Impressive lifting. But you tore some skin did you? webbing? *shiver*

Yeah, I tore a flap of skin off on the left index finger where it meets the palm. I drove to a gas station after we were done and bought super glue to get it back in place. It’s actually a nasty little tear because I bump it all day long at work or really doing anything that involves the hands.

Your final lift on 230 pounds made me legit jealous because it looked like you had a lot more in you! And in your not-delicate hands (unlike mine).

John Strangeway
                          Keymaster

oh that sounds miserable. Hope it doesn’t affect your training, no finger lifts for a while lol

I was very happy with the 230, 225 was my best before the comp and it sucked! I managed 275 on the middle finger training for the jan one but I think that took part of my soul. It hurt. A lot.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.