Al Myers
      Keymaster

Gone fishin’

jarrod
        Participant

glad you had fun al, where did you go?

Al Myers
          Keymaster

Every year I go to Southern Missouri to snag for spoonbills for a few days. It is great redneck fun!!! haha Al

Thom Van Vleck
            Participant

Kansans have to come to Missouri for Redneck fun…..

Thom Van Vleck
              Jackson Weightlifting Club
              Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Chad Ullom
              Participant

Oh jeez….

Travis Willingham
                Participant

Here’s my big one from this year:

Al Myers
                  Keymaster

Travis, NICE FISH!! I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one here that partakes in this redneck fun! What river do you snag in and when did you go? Who knows – we may have been passing each other!! Al

Travis Willingham
                    Participant

I got that one on April 16. I was snagging on Lake of the Ozarks that weekend. I also got a barely legal male about 2 hours later that went 25#, that one was 62#. There were 4 of us and that week we ended up with two that were 70+, 62#, 45# and 25# and like 11 that were not legal. I caught the only keepers that saturday. Every year we stay about a week at one guy’s RV down in Warsaw and then snag either Lake of the Ozarks or Truman depending on the reports. I recently got a new job so I could only go for the weekend this year after they had been snagging and eating fish for days, so I got real lucky getting two on the only day I could snag.

Al Myers
                      Keymaster

Travis – I was in Warsaw on the 18th and snagged that week. Most of the time I snag on the Osage. In our group there was 12 of us and 3 boats. The last day we ended up with 21 spoonbills – so that is about as good as it gets! It picked up as the week progressed. Maybe next year we might run into each other!!! Al

jarrod
                        Participant

al, glad you had fun. since i moved to colorado, everyone makes fun of me for eating catfish.

jf

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.