Thom Van Vleck
      Participant

Grip meet lifts

Thom Van Vleck
        Jackson Weightlifting Club
        Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

dwagman
        Participant

Yeah, well, but on the other hand you can be rest assured that I’ll be giving Al the good ole double flip off…THREE TIMES IN A ROW.

Oh, oh, I know…since it seems to be OK to drop the bar now in a deadlift…or at least the meaning of “controlling the bar” is now open to interpretation by the judge…I’ll drop my MF DL’s WHILE FULLY EXTENDING my MF for a double insult.

Yup…yup…that just what I’m gonna do…

-d

Dan

For Body Intellect Brochure click here: https://www.icloud.com/keynote/0fcsokZWooW_1B1uZmL1AI5fA#BI-DW

Those who are enamored of practice without science
          are like a pilot who goes onto a ship without rudder or
          compass and never has any certainty to where he is going.

Leonardo Da Vinci; 1452-1519

Al Myers
          Keymaster

It’s good to see that Thom will be lifting in this meet – as I know there are those in the organization who wonder if he even lifts as most have never seen him on the platform.

And Dan, even though I know it would give you perverse pleasure in giving me the “old double finger flip” – let me give you the recommendation that instead of using emotion to dictate how to perform this lift you apply scientific principles of angular momentum. Al

dwagman
            Participant

Al, as you might recall from your engineering studies, in order to generate momentum, you must be able to generate force.

Since I’m not able to generate force in the MF DL, I won’t be able to generate momentum, and thus all I have left is emotion in an effort to get some light under the miniscule number of plates on the barbell.

I shall summon all emotions available to me (it might be helpful if you called me a sissy bodybuilder), while expelling an dinosaurian scream and “signing” you my feelings about the degree of embarrassment you’re causing me in the public realm.

-d

Dan

For Body Intellect Brochure click here: https://www.icloud.com/keynote/0fcsokZWooW_1B1uZmL1AI5fA#BI-DW

Al Myers
              Keymaster

Dan,

wow that’s deep. The hallucinogenic Colorado air must be soaking into your brain.

I was just simply encouraging you to use an alternate grip instead of a double overhand grip – you can lift more weight in the finger deadlifts that way as you are blocking the rotation of the bar. Then you will technically be giving me the SINGLE middle finger salute instead of the double. Al HAHA

dwagman
                Participant

NICE TRY, Al!

-d

Dan

Thom Van Vleck
                  Participant

What do you mean I never lift….you can’t tell just by looking at my fabulous physique! I admit….my abs are a little overdeveloped. HAHAHAHAH

Thom Van Vleck
                    Jackson Weightlifting Club
                    Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.