How does this work?

Home Forums General Discussion How does this work?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Rex Hubbard
      Participant

How does this work?

Lance Foster
        Participant

Welcome aboard Rex!

The descriptions of the various lifts are found in the rule book. Most competitions list the events that will be contested, unless the contest is a record day, where a person can attempt to break an existing record of any lift.

A postal meet usually contains 3 lifts, with the results mailed in (hence the name), compiled, and then put on the website. A postal meet can be held anywhere, provided that a USAWA official is present to judge the lifts.

Check the Member Clubs for locations in your area.

Hope this helps.

The Gloved One

Al Myers
          Keymaster

Welcome to the USAWA!

Lance did an excellent job of describing the USAWA. Most competitions are held in the midwest (Kansas & Missouri), as well as Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Massachusetts.

The best way to get involved is to attend one of these meets if you can.

Al

Joe Garcia
            Participant

If you are up for a road trip, we have two coming up in just under 2 weeks in Missouri. The Deanna in Columbia on the 24th, then the Battle in the Barn over in Turney (North West Missouri) on the 25th.

jarrod
              Participant

al, don’t forget colorado!

i’m a newbie myself. i just wanted to add that i believe you can compete in the postals with out a certified official, but those lifts will not count towards records.

i’m having a lot of fun getting to know USAWA & i hope you are too.

jf

Rex Hubbard
                Participant

Thanks for the replies.

My funds are limited right now, so I’m afraid that travel is not feasible at this time. Maybe I will get a chance to attend one of these events in the future.

Good lifting to you all.

Rex

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.