Liar

Home Forums General Discussion Liar

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      KCSTRONGMAN
      Keymaster

Isn’t Denny known as a lifting liar?

I knew a guy in my strongman days who would make such claims. Another guy went and trained with him and found out how he was coming up with a number. My axle is solid shaft and weighs 70 pounds. His was hollow axle and he called it 70 pounds. Each one of his 45’s he claimed he weighed at 49 pounds, so they were each called 49.

He would also consonantly post “near miss PRs” in his training log. Near miss 500 pound bench where your training partner had to deadlift the weight off of you kind of stuff.

Does anybody remember Jimmy “Iron Bull” Pellechia? Claimed world records like 1000 pound assisted bench (assisted by a bunch of dudes helping him lift it, not supportive gear)

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Al Myers
        Keymaster

I know I have a video somewhere in my collection of the “iron bull”‘s 1000 pound assisted bench. It took him and his three big spotters all they had to get it accomplished! I’m gonna see if I can find that video. It gave me a good laugh at the time.

Denny Habecker
          Participant

E.T., It’s liftingliar, all one word! I decided on that because as I got older it got harder for me to make the 75KG. Class, then the 80KG Class, and then the 85KG Class. So guys at work used to ask me “What class did you lift in this time?” and I always lied to them and told them a lighter class. But I never lied about what I lifted.

Thom Van Vleck
            Participant

I hope nobody takes this too personally. I’m not calling anyone out. Just poking fun at myself and others.

Thom Van Vleck
              Jackson Weightlifting Club
              Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Lance Foster
              Participant

ET- The guy you’re talking about sounds like the type that would also sit in another guy’s recliner!

And, my current deadlift near miss PR is a 1000 lbs…yeah….that’s the ticket!

The Gloved One

Denny Habecker
                Participant

I just missed a 2000 Lb. Hand & Thigh by a quarter of an inch.

KCSTRONGMAN
                  Keymaster

ET- The guy you’re talking about sounds like the type that would also sit in another guy’s recliner!

Yes he would, Lance. Yes he would.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.