Home Forums General Discussion Lodging at York PA

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      hj
      Participant

Lodging at York PA

Al Myers
        Keymaster

Helen, That sounds like a good hotel to me! We haven’t made any reservations anywhere yet. I was leaving that up to Chad but he has “dropped the ball” on it. Do you have a phone number for that hotel that you could post here? I like the idea of all of us staying in the same hotel.

Denny will be there. The reason that he is not on the list is that he is going to be one of the officials and not lifting. Al

Thom Van Vleck
          Participant

Way to go, Chad…..I’m so disappointed. Al, do you ever feel like you have to do everything yourself! haha

Thom Van Vleck
            Jackson Weightlifting Club
            Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

hj
            Participant

The hotel is the Marriott Courtyard. The address is 2799 Concord Road and it’s about 5 miles from York Barbell.

Phone: 1-800-321-2211 (phone for all the Courtyard Hotels – specify York).

The rate I got is $109 for 2 adults without breakfast; $129 with breakfast for two adults and children under 12. I found the same rate online.

I did make a reservation for us (Randy and me) at the above hotel.

Other suggestions:

1. Holiday Inn Express has a rate of about $105 that includes breakfast – it’s about 12 miles south of York Barbell.

2. Hampton Inn includes breakfast that is $100 – also about 5 miles from York Barbell.

TMI? The Marriott is new, we liked the one in Madison. It’s close. If anyone has a suggestion for where we could all stay, we’re open to it.

Al Myers
              Keymaster

Thanks Helen for this information – we’re going to stay there as well. Al

Chad Ullom
                Participant

We have plenty of time to get the hotel! I knew if I waited long enough someone would step up:) How many are cramming in each room? I’ll call and reserve.

Participant

HAHAHAHAHAHA “….TIRES TRACKS ALL ARCROSS YOUR BACK! I CAN SEE AL HAD HIS FUN!” HAHAHAHAHA

hj
                    Participant

Whaddya think? Four to a room? Or maybe six?

You might want to get just the room (and no breakfast) for Friday night if you plan to weigh in before breakfast.

Helen

Chad Ullom
                      Participant

Ok, I have 2 rooms for our group. 1 for just Friday(Al & Laverne), 1 for Fri & Sat (Thom & I).

Joe Garcia
                        Participant

Did you forget someone big boy? Al said you were doing the rooms.

Chad Ullom
                          Participant

It seems I am. Will you need Friday and Sat? Did you want your own room or I’m sure we can all squeeze in. Thom likes to share;)

Joe Garcia
                            Participant

If you guys don’t mind sharing, I don’t. Friday and Saturday, leaving about the same time as you on Sunday, I think.

Chad Ullom
                              Participant

Sounds good Joe, see you there!

Thom Van Vleck
                                Participant

It’ll be like a strongman slumber party……but hopefully not “THAT” kind of slumber party!

Thom Van Vleck
                                  Jackson Weightlifting Club
                                  Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
                                  Keymaster

Who’s going to get the roll in cot?

61pwcc
                                    Participant

Looks like I’m taking Amtrak to Elizabethtown, Pa. This is one town over from York. Any recommendations on the best way to get to York??

Al Myers
                                      Keymaster

What time are you getting there? We might be able to pick you up on our way by. But then again, there will be 5 us in the car already so what’s one more! Al

61pwcc
                                        Participant

Crap, I screwed up, its Harrisburg, that I’m rolling into.

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.