McKean and his Pole

KCSTRONGMAN
        Keymaster

Good article, John. always entertaining and informative
          ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

John McKean
          Participant

Thanks Al & ET ! Now Al, don’t go worrying about safety too much -the original idea occurred when I saw how the walking DB handle LOCKED into place when slid down to the thick end of the TAPERED Chinese long pole, in an effort to consolidate space during one of those rare clean-up days!Also gave me the idea that I could use the walking handle for any vacation or fishing trip -just find a thick ended STICK in the woods or driftwood piece on the beach, and I’d have a complete exercise system while away from home! (guess I could carry instead a 5# locking olympic collar just as easily for added safety? But your awesome walking handle just looks so cool & intimidating for these movements!!).

Though primarily an outdoor system, I may have,at first, put myself in serious danger; I was doing these carefully in our downstairs game room during the extreme cold months this year, in front of a newly installed, brand new, expensive picture window(still have to enjoy nature with any longer aerobic type activity!). Maybe why I performed SLOW, concisely controlled circles during the 20-35 reps of each exercise! For if I’d extended the DB end section into or through said glass, even hiding out/ sleeping in the Dino Gym for the next decade wouldn’t be safety enough from Marilyn’s wrath!!

Chad Ullom
            Participant

That is great John! LOL

61pwcc
              Participant

Great article John!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.