More Grip Strength Loonieness!!

Home Forums General Discussion More Grip Strength Loonieness!!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      61pwcc
      Participant

More Grip Strength Loonieness!!

Al Myers
        Keymaster

haha Welcome to the world of all-round weightlifting!

All-Round Weightlifters are a strange breed – and DEFINITELY not the normal weightlifters. We love pain, and the more it hurts the better. I have always said THAT is the reason more lifters are not involved in all round lifting. Most “normal” lifters like the feel of a good soreness after a workout, but when it comes to cuts, lacerations, deep bruises, and tissue being torn away – that’s just a little too extreme! Al

Ben Edwards
          Participant

Al, I enjoyed your extreme wrist roller article! Well done and I’ve seen a handful of those setups over the years and it definitely made more sense to me to do it mounted on a rack instead of letting the shoulders dictate when the exercise was done.

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

jarrod
            Participant

very good articles so far, i’m really enjoying this series.

jf

jarrod
              Participant

REALLY good one today 🙂

Al Myers
                Keymaster

Jarrod – great article!!! I have trained with clubs just a little, but now I think maybe I should use them more. I got to wonder though – why did you use a picture of Karena besides yourself with the story?? Surely you’re not as ugly as Big T (not that THAT stops him!!!). Al

jarrod
                  Participant

thanks al, i really appreciate it! clubs have been a big benefit to me. i hadn’t done them for a bit & was struggling to get two circuits out today. could have done more but i’m erring on the side of doing too little rather than too much these days. as for karena, i thought thom had an excellent tip about including a pretty girl! although i am quite handsome (stunningly so, really) i just thought it would be fun to put her in. she uses 1″ clubs, she was really having a hard time holding up mine while still smiling!

jf

Ben Edwards
                    Participant

More great articles on the site! Well done to all the winners.

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Thom Van Vleck
                      Participant

Al, when I used to get set up on dates they would tell the girl I had a GREAT PERSONALITY and a SENSE OF HUMOR.

I’m like a good gin & tonic….the more of me you get, the better looking I become!

Thom Van Vleck
                        Jackson Weightlifting Club
                        Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

jarrod
                        Participant

thom, great article. the last thought was great, i’m doing grip today & i’m going to lock out my elbow during grippers & see what difference it makes. a lot i’m sure.

jf

jarrod
                          Participant

by the way 61, you should be PUNished for the original post on this thread.

jf

Joe Garcia
                            Participant

Sorry Thom, Jarrod beats you. He had a pretty girl in his article about… what was it about? 🙂

jarrod
                              Participant

lol, karena’s gonna get a big head.

61pwcc
                                Participant

Yeah JARROD, my punning IS terminal! Maybe I could get sued for PUNitive damages!!
                                  By the way, nice article. Is that what is meant by health club??
                                  Is that what they mean about going “clubbing”. You youngsters are so silly.
                                  So did Karena INSIST painting the clubbells to match her top??

jarrod
                                  Participant

oh man, the hits keep coming!

me, karena, & her four year old son all have matching blue clubbells of different sizes. you should see the looks we get when we tell people we all swing together :/

i hope a little BLUE humor isn’t a problem.

jf

jarrod
                                    Participant

very good article from ben today as well, i haven’t tried farmer’s drags yet. we have a weight sled at the gym, i wonder if i could get similar benefits from pulling it with my pinkie & ring fingers through the straps?

jf

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.