61pwcc
      Participant

New Snatch Video

dwagman
        Participant

Cool!

—
          Dan

For Body Intellect Brochure click here: https://www.icloud.com/keynote/0fcsokZWooW_1B1uZmL1AI5fA#BI-DW

Those who are enamored of practice without science
          are like a pilot who goes onto a ship without rudder or
          compass and never has any certainty to where he is going.

Leonardo Da Vinci; 1452-1519

61pwcc
          Participant

Thanks Dan. Glad you like it. I think those who just train the Olympic Lifts and Powerlifts are missing out on a lot of cool shtuff. You got to mix up that training!!

61pwcc
            Participant

I’ve been asked if I’m going to add weight to the plank. Yes, I’ll call it my ‘Plankbell’. Weight plates will be added just like when using a barbell.

dwagman
              Participant

Throughout my lifting “career” I never really liked weightlifting. To me, lifting a barbell overhead, albeit in two different ways, is, well, boring. So I got into powerlifting instead. But then all that silly gear got introduced and it became a test of “gear strength” as opposed to “muscle strength.” Not to mention 40+ different organizations where EVERYBODY can now claim to be a national champ and record holder. Time for a divorce!

Thank goodness for all-round. But I think it takes a “special” group of people to get into this sport. There are so many lifts that you’re bound to encounter some, or many, that’ll kick your ass. It can be real humbling. But to me, and presumably you, that’s what it’s all about.

As a next step, I think you should take your plank to 24 Hr. Fitness. LOL

Don’t forget to show us your dungeon when it’s all finished. And don’t forget to install mirrors. 🙂

-d

—
                Dan

For Body Intellect Brochure click here: https://www.icloud.com/keynote/0fcsokZWooW_1B1uZmL1AI5fA#BI-DW

Those who are enamored of practice without science
                are like a pilot who goes onto a ship without rudder or
                compass and never has any certainty to where he is going.

Leonardo Da Vinci; 1452-1519

61pwcc
                Participant

If I took the plank to 24HR fitness, I’d probably get alot of PLANK stares!! Got an instructional video coming up on using strongman implements for tamping down the dirt in your dungeon. Absolutely NO MIRRORS!!
                  I love strongman due to its variety but I don’t like the drugs or the exoskeleton of equipment worn. All-Round Lifting has the most to offer on the provisio you give most of the lifts some training time. I see All-Round Lifting as a way of life and not some 12 week get in shape program. I figure we’ll find a never ending list of ways to train the body.
                  For example I was watching the Prez Al Meyers strutting his stuff with a 555lb Deadlift 3″Bar[urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJP0vnIjMOw&feature=player_detailpage][/url]
                  What a great lift!! This is also a good exercise for loading the Atlas Stones. The 3″ bar spreads the hands out like the stones will as you lift them. I’m sure Al can control an Atlas stone all the way around with this kind of strength. I know for a fact the Strongman group I train with don’t give wrist strength for Stones a thought.
                  I believe you can best fine tune the lifting for any sport with All-Round Lifting. Yes, if you have an athlete Powerlift or Olympic Lift, they will become a MUCH better athlete. The problem is the limited number of exercises done with each sport. Add to that in Powerlifting, as an athlete, your better off learning from a raw lifter cuz that type of training works in the real world NOT JUST ON THE LIFTING PLATFORM.
                  Look at the one arm lifts we have in the USAWA. Are there any sports that could benefit from some one arm lifting?? I’d say a bunch.
                  Look at the grip lifts we have. Most sports could use those as well.
                  With our American and World records list, coaches and athletes have drug free numbers to shoot towards.
                  Look at wrestling. All of their training is on the floor. A coach can come onto this website and download the rulebook. Coach looks through the list for exercises to help his kids from getting pinned. Coach finds: Pullover and Push, Pullover and Press and Pullover and Press while Bridged. Realizes that all that Benching he had them do many not be as good as these lifts done on the floor. Where are the most experienced people for those Pullover and Press/Push exercises?? Right here in the USAWA.
                  Something I’ve not seen addressed is the drug-free background of most of the exercises we contest. We set records drug free. We know what to realistically expect from an exercise not some drug fed exoskeleton aided number. Drug users jump on the latest fad of exercises. How do they know what really works except another injection? Unfortunately, the young and impressionable see the big numbers and think these guys have the answers.
                  Yes Dan, I’d say it takes a ‘very special’ person to go All-Round with thier lifting.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.