Home Forums General Discussion Nicknames: Staggo

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tom Ryan
      Participant

Nicknames: Staggo

Thom Van Vleck
        Participant

Tom, you are our version of Elmer Keith. And I mean that as a compliment!

Thom Van Vleck
          Jackson Weightlifting Club
          Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Tom Ryan
          Participant

Thom, I did not have the foggiest idea who you were referring to, but I assumed that this was probably a historical figure. If it is this guy http://elmerkeithwasdeadright.blogspot.com/, the “right” in the title is fine, but the “dead” isn’t, especially since I might get bumped off by some crooks!

Specifically, I got ripped off last year by two companies who engaged in conspiracy with intent to commit fraud. An investigator in my local PD advised me to contact the Governor’s Office of Consumer Protection (OCP) and I sent them a 3-page complaint letter. Incredibly, some idiot in the OCP forwarded my letter to one of the two companies about which I alleged criminal activity! The company then sends me a letter, copying the OCP and the state licensing board, and “requests” that I stop referring to them as crooks. If I could successfully sue a member of the OCP, I would certainly do so, although shooting the !#$@^&*& would probably be more appropriate!

Of course this makes me even more determined to have these crooks locked up, as the company that sent me the letter has been ripping people off for several years and they preyed on an elderly woman last year who was recovering from brain surgery. Real scumbags!

I will be speaking with a retired Attorney General I know on Monday afternoon and will find out what he suggests.

Tom

Thom Van Vleck
            Participant

I kind of forget I also live in the “gun” world as well as the lifting world. Elmer Keith was most famous for writing “Hell, I was THERE”. You have been “there” and everywhere! I remember events, YOU where AT those events. It was a compliment. Thom

Thom Van Vleck
              Jackson Weightlifting Club
              Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Tom Ryan
              Participant

Okay, thanks for the explanation, Thom.

Tom

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.