OCPD-WS

Home Forums General Discussion OCPD-WS

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      dwagman
      Participant

OCPD-WS

Dan

For Body Intellect Brochure click here: https://www.icloud.com/keynote/0fcsokZWooW_1B1uZmL1AI5fA#BI-DW

Those who are enamored of practice without science
        are like a pilot who goes onto a ship without rudder or
        compass and never has any certainty to where he is going.

Leonardo Da Vinci; 1452-1519

Thom Van Vleck
        Participant

Dan, it is in there under OCD related disorders and a subtype or part of Body Dismorphic Disorder.

Maybe I was trying to make a point by putting my “fictitious” disorder under the Personality category. Some guys get so locked into what they are doing they don’t realize the damage they are doing to themselves and others.

I made this tongue in cheek because you start calling guys out on mental health….someone might go postal on you! HAHA…

Thom Van Vleck
          Jackson Weightlifting Club
          Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

dwagman
          Participant

Well, Thom, I went Postal four times in 2013…does that count? And every time I go to Al’s I bring a rifle, just in case you show up. What about that?

Thanks for clarifying that MD did make it into the DSM-5.

You’re absolutely right in your assessment about calling a lifter mentally ill. There’s a fine line between someone who’s 100% committed to his sport and does everything to attain peak performance and excellence and someone who cannot function in other aspects of life due to this degree of dedication. And part of the problem is that in our society we actually look up to people with complete dedication, even if…and sometimes especially because it interfere with other aspects of life. Of course exercise science research, both in the areas of exercise physiology and sport psychology have found such levels of dedication to actually be a hindrance toward peak performance, but myths die hard…just look at all the people who still believe that to gain strength through the sticking point you need to train your lift(s) at the sticking point in a power rack.

-d

Dan

For Body Intellect Brochure click here: https://www.icloud.com/keynote/0fcsokZWooW_1B1uZmL1AI5fA#BI-DW

Those who are enamored of practice without science
            are like a pilot who goes onto a ship without rudder or
            compass and never has any certainty to where he is going.

Leonardo Da Vinci; 1452-1519

61pwcc
            Participant

We as a society still make movies and write books about those who forsook everything so they could have ‘everything’.

Thom Van Vleck
              Participant

Dan, I feel like the Crazy Irishman in Braveheart….

I know I’m crazy!

I used to study with a fellow Marine in College and one day I joked about “climbing the clock tower with a high powered rifle”. He looked at me and then talked for 15 minutes about how he would do it…”timed incendiary bombs to start fires all across town, creating chaos, then booby trap the clock tower, set up decoys all over campus (rifles hanging over roof top ledges), doors booby trapped”….well, needless to say, the average person would have been a little concerned. But seriously, today…he’s a captain in our Highway patrol and if there were a guy to do what HE said he would do, he’d be the guy to stop him….takes a theif to know one….

Dan, don’t you know if ONE guy does it…he’s crazy. If two guys do it, it’s a consipiracy…if THREE OR MORE do it…it’s a MOVEMENT. We just need one more guy to join us!

Thom Van Vleck

Participant

…..AND YOU CAN GET ANYTHING YOU WANT, AT ALICE’S RESTAURANT!!

Thom Van Vleck
                  Participant

…..Walk right in and it’s around the back
                    Just a half mile from the railroad track.

Thom Van Vleck

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.