Reeves Deadlift Video

Ben Edwards
        Participant

325lbs is a solid Reeves Deadlift man!

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

61pwcc
          Participant

Thanks Ben,
            What you didn’t see was edited out. My previous attempt was aborted due to automotive grease(don’t ask) on the left plate. Had to wipe plate and fingers off. I had a little concern going into the next attempt.
            Knowing that you train grip quite fervently, I’ll also tell you that I’ve changed my ‘attitude’. Me being right handed=left grip not quite up to snuff. Recently, I’ve just been literally telling my left to stop fuckin’ around and pick it up. I may have two different hands but they get told what to do by THE SAME BRAIN!! This new attitude helped on this lift. I’ve noticed a dramatic increase in my left hand ability. Have you gone through something similar?

Ben Edwards
            Participant

[b]Quote from 61pwcc on March 13, 2013, 06:00[/b]
              Thanks Ben,
              What you didn’t see was edited out. My previous attempt was aborted due to automotive grease(don’t ask) on the left plate. Had to wipe plate and fingers off. I had a little concern going into the next attempt.
              Knowing that you train grip quite fervently, I’ll also tell you that I’ve changed my ‘attitude’. Me being right handed=left grip not quite up to snuff. Recently, I’ve just been literally telling my left to stop fuckin’ around and pick it up. I may have two different hands but they get told what to do by THE SAME BRAIN!! This new attitude helped on this lift. I’ve noticed a dramatic increase in my left hand ability. Have you gone through something similar?

I did used to train grip very hard. Hard enough that I went from normal to very respectable on a half dozen or so grip tests.

I’m right-handed too and had the same problem you did. But the interesting thing is that you will find – depending on the exercise – that your “off hand” will be stronger right away on certain tests than the right.

Vertical bar lifts for me for years were always significantly stronger lefty than righty. By about 20-30lbs at times. And both hands were trained the same.

Grippers were always better righty.

Plate pinching was pretty close on both hands. Blobs were stronger righty.

Ring and pinky inverted gripper strength was better lefty though. So that was a surprise. I was no set closing #3s back in 2005 with both hands but the left was always a few reps behind the right.

In thickbar lifts I was very close lefty and righty after a few years of training. I think your left hand will catch up on the support lifts faster than it will if you were training grippers – which I doubt you are a gripper guy.

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.