Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jarrod
      Participant

repetition lifts

Al Myers
        Keymaster

Good question Jarrod!!!

Repetition lifts have always been part of All Round Weightlifting. The old time strongmen often did rep lifts in their shows, thus why we are trying to continue that tradition. I’m talking about guys like Warren Lincoln Travis, the Good Brothers, etc.

But the questions you have are the same ones I have always had as well. It seems the possiblilites would be endless when it comes to rep records – lifters BWT, weight picked, etc. So it looks to me pretty much anything done for reps would be a record of some sort if it was kept the same way as individual max wt records.

I would like to hear the Records Director Joe G’s viewpoints on this and how he keeps “these records”. Joe????? Al

jarrod
          Participant

i would love to hear from our records keeper as well!

Joe Garcia
            Participant

Repetition lifts? Well the bookkeeping starts the same as regular lifts. You have an age group and a weight class. Then the only real difference is that my program has a place for the number of reps when that type of lift is entered. And you are right Al, there are almost endless possibilities. I lift 100 lbs 10 times, you lift 105 lbs 9 times, etc. Don’t really know how we would do any differently. Fortunately, right now only about a dozen lifts have ‘rep’ records.

Al Myers
              Keymaster

This is an issue that should be addressed to determine a better plan for keeping these records. It seems to me that this list should be a separate list from the individual record list. I know Steve broke several of Howards “overall” rep records in the back and harness, but Howards marks should still be recorded records because he was older when he did them. Next question Joe – how do you record a bodyweight rep record, like Dennis’s rep record on the Roman Chair Situp? Al

Joe Garcia
                Participant

I think Howard’s records are still all there, saw several of them in the list. Remember age is part of any record. As to lifts like Denny’s, I have them listed with the reps without any weight.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.