• Author
      KCSTRONGMAN
      Keymaster

Ron and Roy

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

KCSTRONGMAN
        Keymaster

Oh, and
          4-Those are no way that those are 12″ base DL. Unless those guys are 3′ tall
          ET

Thom Van Vleck
          Participant

What Eric said…hahaha.

Roy goes way back, that guy was doing that stuff WAAAAY back.

Thom Van Vleck
            Jackson Weightlifting Club
            Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Chad Ullom
            Participant

That was a great story Al!
              And yea, what ET said

Al Myers
              Keymaster

Guys – Lots of things have happened in the USAWA in the past that I have made me “shake my head”. I’m sure the issue with this meet is that it was sanctioned by the USAWA, and was NEVER INTENDED for the 12″ base deadlift to be performed in it by the meet director. But due to miscommunication and other issues, it got placed in the results as that and then into the record list. I do remember hearing once (I think for Joe McCoy??) that this meet had a dual sanction with another PL organization. I will have to ask Joe that the next time I talk to him. That is the cause of the baby powder on the legs, as most all PL organizations allow it. Thus one of the many reasons now that our bylaws state: “Sanctioned USAWA competitions and or events must not be sanctioned with any other organization. Violation of this will result in loss of USAWA sanction.” Sanctioning with multiple organizations that have different rules causes a major conflict of rules, and something always ends up “bending”. However, that bylaw was NOT IN PLACE at that time. Nor was there drug testing in the USAWA at the time either – no real drug testing happened in the USAWA till 2002, and only in 2010 did we test more than a meet or two per year which was very inadequate. I hope this explains some of the reasons why these things happened. Al

KCSTRONGMAN
                Keymaster

Oh, I understand. I just find it kinda humorous
                  ET

Al Myers
                  Keymaster

Yep, for sure ET !!! At least you didn’t ask about supersuits being used in the USAWA.(Whoops – shouldn’t have mentioned that!!!)

Chad Ullom
                    Participant

I actually noticed that and was intending to comment, but had forgotten by the time I got the forum up. What is the first thing to go? LOL.

I really enjoy watching those videos. One year while we were staying at Arts, we watched old USAWA videos the whole evening. I think it was nationals.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.