Socially Distanced Grip Champs?

Home Forums General Discussion Socially Distanced Grip Champs?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ben Edwards
      Participant

Al, I know you’re probably trying to decide whether to hold the Grip Champs in February or cancel it due to COVID. I hope you are able to host the contest anyway, but with masks and social distancing.

My daughter and I competed in a grip contest that Chad Gustin hosted back in October. Everyone wore masks unless it was their turn to do the event. And social distancing was observed when possible. It wasn’t a hindrance at all except for I tend to have a bit harder time hearing people when they have masks on. But I’ve been wearing a mask full time at work since April. So I’m pretty used to having one on at this point.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." -Mike Tyson

Ben Edwards
        Participant

Maybe the Grip Champs can be postponed to warm weather instead. I like the sound of a grip contest close to my birthday in May. My hands do not like the cold.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." -Mike Tyson

Abe Smith
          Participant

I am good with the socially distanced grip champs as well. Just as long as we got some vertical bar deadlifts. LOL. I am also eager to see how everyone did on the Q4 of the postal lifts!

KCSTRONGMAN
            Keymaster

I have read this thread a few times, but have not answered because I have no intel whatsoever. I do know that the postal series is going to happen, but that is about all I know. Hopefully something happens that we can compete a bit this next year.

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Al Myers
              Keymaster

I am not planning on having the Grip Champs this year, which really disappoints me. Hopefully by March or April we can resume operations in the USAWA. Al

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.