Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      KCSTRONGMAN
      Keymaster

Steve GArdner

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Thom Van Vleck
        Participant

Great story on Steve. I didn’t know all the strongman and Highland Games history. Really enjoyed that!

Thom Van Vleck
          Jackson Weightlifting Club
          Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Al Myers
          Keymaster

China does not have a organized all round weightlifting association. Lifters from other countries have competed in IAWA events that also do not have organized associations – Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and Spain to name a few. The English and Scots compete under the IAWA(UK), we under the USAWA, and the Australians under the ARWLWA.

One thing that has always puzzled me is why Canada does not have an organized All Round organization. The history of all round weightlifting in Canada goes back a long ways. You would think there would be at least one club that would be interested in getting an organization started??

KCSTRONGMAN
            Keymaster

I guess I though NEw Zealand did as well. I thing Cnanada and Ireland youl dbe great (and logical) additions
              ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Chad Ullom
              Participant

I’ve really enjoyed getting to know Steve over the years. I’m not surprised he’s written history books. The depth of Steve’s knowledge is quite impressive. Well written article Al, thank you.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.