Home Forums General Discussion Strongman Machine

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      61pwcc
      Participant

Strongman Machine

Al Myers
        Keymaster

James – Like I said in the article, I was pretty optimistic about its use when I built it, but was not as impressed with it when I trained on it. I prefer the feel of the heavy bar more. I have done several different type of lifts on it, but only the hand and thigh feels anything like the real thing. The Hip and Harness lift feels very different on it due to the lever. I do think the lever on this device might help with technique on the H&T, especially when learning the proper lean back. Leaning back feels very natural with this machine (unlike the heavy bar).

My advice is if you got a heavy bar and enough plates – that is WAY better to train on than the Strongman Machine. Al

Abe Smith
          Participant

Pretty cool article. I remember seeing Bruce Lee with an isometric training tool that I thought looked promising. Essentially a wooden disk you would stand on and chains with handles to pull with. I always thought that was interesting because you could do all sorts of lifts with just using different handles, handle locations and chain lengths or bars. hell you could even use resistance bands to help as well….

http://rosstraining.com/blog/2009/02/23/homemade-isometric-tool/

jarrod
            Participant

i don’t know why, but i think that thing looks awesome! i need to learn to weld.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.