Keymaster

This weekend

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Al Myers
        Keymaster

I’ll be there ET – but not lifting. Al

Thom Van Vleck
          Participant

I am hoping to beat my numbers from last year. We had 10 lifters. If I have 11 I will consider it a success and I think I will. Got almost 10 entries and several “I plan on being there”‘s…..

It’s in the “Old School Gym” where the USAWA Nationals were held. Pretty cool venue….I plan on holding more meets there.

Thom Van Vleck
            Jackson Weightlifting Club
            Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Participant

I HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING HERE….

AS AN ATHLETIC PROMOTER OF HIGHLAND GAMES AND USAWA RECORD DAYS, YOU ALWAYS WANT TO PUT ON A CLASS EVENT. IF YOU ARE WORTH YOUR SALT, YOU WORRY ABOUT ALL THE ‘LITTLE THINGS’. ONE OF THOSE BEING, “WILL ANYBODY SHOW UP??”

I KNOW THOM WAS CONCERNED ABOUT A ‘SHOWING’ THIS WEEKEND. WELL, AS IT ALWAYS HAPPENS, THE ‘FAITHFUL’ SHOWED UP!! SO, MY FEELING ON THAT IS THIS. IS THAT NOT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE??? PUT ON THE SHOW, DO THE BEST YOU CAN, AND THE REST WILL FALL IN PLACE. THOSE THAT REALLY WANT TO BE THERE, WILL BE THERE!!

THOMMY, GUN AND I HAD A GREAT TIME AT YOUR ‘GATHERING’. SPENDING TIME WITH MY ‘OTHER FAMILY’ IS GOOD FOR MY SOUL. THOM, CHAD, JOHN, AL, BRENDA (WHO IS THOM’S GIRL FRIDAY AT THE GAMES), MAKES THE TRIP WORTH WHILE.

SLAINTE, THOMMY!!! THANKS FOR A FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!!

OH, AND LET ME KNOW HOW THAT BOTTLE OF FLOYD’S WINE WORKS OUT FOR YA!!! HAHAHAHAHA

KCSTRONGMAN
              Keymaster

I definitely enjoyed the OTSM championships yesterday. Good meet, Thom
                ET

I'm the lyrical Jesse James

Al Myers
                Keymaster

I have a few things to say regarding last weekend at the OTSM Championships:

1. First – Thom did an EXCELLENT job of promoting the USAWA OTSM Championships. It was obvious Thom went to alot of work for this and promoted a meet that was Championship worthy! It was held in an outstanding venue, had great meet shirts, and very nice anvil awards.

2. Second – It’s a shame not more lifters showed up to compete in such a great event. However, those who did show up performed great, and several big lifts were put up! The concept of OTSM is very unique and offers a competition unlike other strongman competitions do, ie set event rules are followed and these are drug tested events.

3. And Third – For OTSM to grow in the USAWA, more local competitions need to be held throughout the organization, and in more areas than just the midwest. This next year I am going to make an effort to get more promoters involved in this. Tim Piper has already committed to holding an OTSM competition in Macomb this coming spring. My goal is to have at least 5 OTSM meets on the calendar for the coming year. More local events = more participants at the Championships.

Anonymous

I was very dissapointed that Gabby and I couldn’t make it, but life a funny way of throwing curve balls at you sometimes.

Jesse

vdecker
                    Participant

This was a well-run contest with a good venue, good competitors and terrific events. Thanks for showing us a good time – we had a blast.

Chad Ullom
                      Participant

Thom did an outstanding job both days, I had a really good time! It was great to get to spend some time with Thom and Dave after the Highland Games on Sat, wish we all lived closer! Thom, when are we going to get that new grill? I’m sold!

I’ve rarely seen Al at a loss for words, but he didn’t have much to say when your buddy started in him! LOL, it was great!

Thom Van Vleck
                        Participant

Thanks, guys, for the kind words. I really do put my heart and soul into these things and I totally understand when life throws a curve ball….like job issues, family issues, health issues. Those can’t be helped.

I will have it again next year, I hope everyone will consider coming. I will have meet report up soon!

Thom Van Vleck
                          Jackson Weightlifting Club
                          Highland Games athlete and sometimes All-Rounder

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.