Home Forums General Discussion USAWA on youtube

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jarrod
      Participant

USAWA on youtube

Al Myers
        Keymaster

Jarrod – great idea! I know the videos of lifters performing the all round lifts in competition is beneficial, but not the same as an instructional video. Maybe that’s a project I need to work on!!! Al

Ben Edwards
          Participant

That’s definitely a good point. I have a 2″ vertical bar demo video that has helped some guys increase their numbers for the standard grip contests. The rules are different than the USAWA contests – but the grip options presented are just as applicable to increasing your 2″ vertical bar numbers for USAWA comps as they are the other way around.

The video is short and sweet. Goes over the grip that I think is most efficient for the USAWA contests. Not something that I came up with myself of course, but it’s informational. The other grips covered are good options for grip contests. One of those is good for guys that are either worried about a bicep injury, or guys that have previously sustained a bicep injury. Actually the USAWA grip is pretty good for that reason too – it minimizes strain on the bicep compared to the extreme supinated grip that I used almost exclusively to develop some remarkable vertical bar strength over the years.

Here’s that demo video for those that are interested:

https://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/

jarrod
            Participant

good vid, i’d love to see more of that kind of things.

jf

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.